HIS Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

I am using the latest version of multi beast and have used that to install the latest version of chimera inside the package. My appstore works perfectly, and I am trying to setup iCloud. When I use the same credentials as my appstore account, it kicks back an error saying this device is no longer eligible for creating an apple id. I don't know what the malfunction is. Some people with real macs seem to be having similar issues and it is related to the serial number. Is it possible that the serial number generated for me through MB is someone else's real mac? How can I go about changing the serial number (if that is indeed the problem?)

Thanks

bartlett said:
Hey all,

I am using the latest version of multi beast and have used that to install the latest version of chimera inside the package. My appstore works perfectly, and I am trying to setup iCloud. When I use the same credentials as my appstore account, it kicks back an error saying this device is no longer eligible for creating an apple id. I don't know what the malfunction is. Some people with real macs seem to be having similar issues and it is related to the serial number. Is it possible that the serial number generated for me through MB is someone else's real mac? How can I go about changing the serial number (if that is indeed the problem?)

Thanks

You need to change your serial number, it's a problem on genuine macs that have been in for repair and not had the correct number put back onto the system.
Each serial number can make 3 iCloud accounts.
look for champlist.app and go into smbios section and use the serial number generator to pick a random combination of model, processor and country of manufacture then click save as, reboot and try again

Just what I was looking for. Thanks! I will fire that up when I get home tonight.

In the event anyone stumbles upon this thread, I did have success using the above method. I ended up using the refurbished country code before I found success. I almost gave up after 5 or 6 serials causing the same issue. Keep at it, it you will find one that works eventually!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back