GeForce 8800 GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
Greetings:

My problem is similar to the others posted here, but I've been through every post and have yet to come up with a solution that works for me. When I upgraded my Hackintosh from Lion 10.7.4 to Mountain Lion 10.8.0 last weekend, Messages, iCloud, and the App Store all worked like a charm. I sent and received several IMs with Messages. I then upgraded to ML 10.8.2, and now Messages keeps giving me that error message whenever I try to use it.

I've tried deleting the Network prefs, updating org.chameleon.Boot.plist using EFIStudio, rewriting the Hosts file, and so on, etc., etc., but still no joy.

Is anyone else able to use iCloud, and the App Store, but NOT Messages?

My Ethernet is at en0, as it should be, my Ethernet is confirmed as built-in, and IOBuiltin is true, but while this all works with iCloud and the App Store, it doesn't with Messages. So what gives?

All suggestions gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings:

My problem is similar to the others posted here, but I've been through every post and have yet to come up with a solution that works for me. When I upgraded my Hackintosh from Lion 10.7.4 to Mountain Lion 10.8.0 last weekend, Messages, iCloud, and the App Store all worked like a charm. I sent and received several IMs with Messages. I then upgraded to ML 10.8.2, and now Messages keeps giving me that error message whenever I try to use it.

I've tried deleting the Network prefs, updating org.chameleon.Boot.plist using EFIStudio, rewriting the Hosts file, and so on, etc., etc., but still no joy.

My Ethernet is at en0, as it should be, my Ethernet is confirmed as built-in, and IOBuiltin is true, but while this all works with iCloud and the App Store, it doesn't with Messages. So what gives?

I'm in exactly the same situation is you. For me, Messages was working perfectly until 2 days ago when it now cannot sign in. Appstore, iTunes works, all other iCloud services work like contacts and notes sync etc.

Please help guys, I use messages a lot from my Mac.

Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
Core i7-2600k
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm in exactly the same situation is you. For me, Messages was working perfectly until 2 days ago when it now cannot sign in. Appstore, iTunes works, all other iCloud services work like contacts and notes sync etc.

Please help guys, I use messages a lot from my Mac.

Same here, since… hmm… 2 days Messages is broken on the Hackintosh, it still works without any problems on my MacBook Pro but not on the Hackintosh. AppStore, iTunes, FaceTime, iCloud works but not Messages. I tried everything, new serial number, removed /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/, switch the BootLoader, etc…. nothing works. :(

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same here, since… hmm… 2 days Messages is broken on the Hackintosh, it still works without any problems on my MacBook Pro but not on the Hackintosh. AppStore, iTunes, FaceTime, iCloud works but not Messages. I tried everything, new serial number, removed /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/, switch the BootLoader, etc…. nothing works. :(

What do you mean by switching the bootloader? I might give that a try haha. I'll also post my boot.plsit file and networkinterfaces.plist file on here when I get home maybe we have differences?

Motherboard
H77N-WIFI Motherboard
CPU
i5-3570k@3,4GHZ
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Yes, I have the exact same issue. I wonder if anybody already has a solution...

Motherboard
Built
CPU
i7
Graphics
560Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Greetings:

Same exact issue here, just started two days ago. I even tried a fresh install on a new drive for testing, new account, etc..

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same exact issue here, just started two days ago. I even tried a fresh install on a new drive for testing, new account, etc..

Ah. I was going to attempt a fresh install but this doesn't even work. Hopefully someone has found a fix, if iCloud etc seem to be working there must be some small piece of code/setting somewhere.

Should we start a new thread as our problem is just iMessage and not one of authentication.

Motherboard
Asus P5K-E WiFi
CPU
Intel Q9550 @2.83GHz
Graphics
GeForce 8800 GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
I just noticed something interesting.

I have a second Hackintosh rig which I built on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe board for my wife to use, and on which I also have an administrator account. It also has ML 10.8.2 installed. I tried using my MAC ID through my account on it to sign into Messages, and got the same error that I'm getting here. :banghead:

I then tried my wife's ID through her account, and IT WORKED fine.:thumbup: Through her ID and account I can send and receive iMessages without an error message popping up, and everything works as intended.

This seems to indicate that this all has something to do with my Mac user account, but it works without a glitch when I sign on using my Macbook Pro or iPad

Has anyone else tried another user account on their Hack with similar results?

Motherboard
Built
CPU
i7
Graphics
560Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Has anyone else tried another user account on their Hack with similar results?

Yes. I've tried test accounts, including a whole new install as well.

I've tried other apple ids as well. They'll start to authenticate, then fail.

My son's was logged in on another account and eventually got the same error a few hours after I did.

I have actual Mac products which it works correctly on, same accounts.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes. I've tried test accounts, including a whole new install as well.

I've tried other apple ids as well. They'll start to authenticate, then fail.

My son's was logged in on another account and eventually got the same error a few hours after I did.

I have actual Mac products which it works correctly on, same accounts.

Really frustrating issue this is. Was working fine a few days ago.

I personally think it's some sort of verification issue with Apple's servers in regards to our Hackintoshes not being real macs. Even with Chameleon Wizard generating new serials, I don't think they are real serials registered to the type of mac we have on our SMBios (e.g Mac Pro 3,1 iMac 14,1 etc) therefore the Apple Server rejects the login.

I've tried everything, is there no other workaround?

Status
Not open for further replies.