Contribute
Register

iCloud, App Store, FaceTime, Messages - Unable to Authenticate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got it working! Don't know what made it work but I did the EFI Studio thing, that didn't work so I used Chameleon Wizard clicked on "SMBios" then "Edit" then "Random" next to both the "Week of Manufacture" and "Unique Number". Rebooted and my problem is fixed! I remember doing this in 10.8.4 and didn't fix it, could have been a combination of this and the EFI studio fix.

Cheers to all,

asmith1234

I have a Ga-Z77x-UD3H motherboard and used multibeast ivy bridge to install SL. I have upgraded to version 10.6.8 but i get "an unknown error has occurred" everytime i try signing in to mac app store. i have tried different ideas using EFI to generate a string and adding it to org.chameoleon.boot.plist as many forums have said and also have deleted my networkInterfaces.plist and still to no avail. any suggestions?
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.40 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: iBoot.tonymacx86.com
SMC Version (system): 1.25f4
Serial Number (system): G88451935J4
Hardware UUID: A57A2E6D-DE0E-5358-8A02-137B680A8ED3

Unfortunately none of the methods worked for me. Only Chameleon option is left. I need to look into that.

Surprisingly though after inserting EFI string into org.Chameleon.Boot.plist my login screen shows like low resolution but the snowy screen is gone while it appeared for like 3 seconds between apple logo screen and login screen. So this EFI entry certainly has something to do with graphics card??

Update;
Removed the EFI entry as it was causing flickers as I scroll on web pages. Now its back to normal again. So I tried Chameleon Wizard option, generated serials etc.. And result is :thumbdown: I don't know what else I can do at this point...

Hi all,
If you are using only WiFi (with the TP-Link WDN-4800 PCI Express Adapter) you only need to do the following:
- Copy NetworkInterfaces.plist to Desktop (as a backup, just in case).
- Erase it from SystemConfiguration.
- Restart and wait for WiFi to reconect.
- Enjoy Apple Store.

Hi all,
If you are using only WiFi (with the TP-Link WDN-4800 PCI Express Adapter) you only need to do the following:
- Copy NetworkInterfaces.plist to Desktop (as a backup, just in case).
- Erase it from SystemConfiguration.
- Restart and wait for WiFi to reconect.
- Enjoy Apple Store.

I had problems with login in to both app store and FaceTime and this worked straight away, thanks for the info :)

I forgot to say that i'm using Maverick.

I did the EFI method, and although mavericks was booting fine before, now after the apple boot screen, my screen goes black. I don't know why this would happen. It doesn't seem to hang on the verbose screen, but appears to boot normally for the most part. Any help? Or should I just try reinstalling?

I know other people have had the blank screen problem, but I haven't found any solutions... Has nobody solved this? Are people just not using icloud?

I was able to get the ethernet to en0 by unplugging my wireless card while installing, but still can't connect to icloud.

you need a new serial number in order for your apple id to run with the new OS..download chameleon wizard and under the SMBios tab, click edit, and then generate a new serial. Re boot and you should be good to go.

Just updating after building my Z68-based Hackintosh with TP-Link WDN4800 Wifi card - generating the new SN as described here fixed the problem immediately. No other changes or drastic triage required. :D

I've tried everything in this guide--the guide in post #8 (adding device-properties to chameleon, deleting the network interface, deleting my NetworkInterfaces.plist, etc,) changing my serial in my SMBIOS, changing PCIRootUID=1, resetting my apple password, adding a CC to my account, changing my computer type in SMBIOS, deleting my iCloud backup on my phone--nothing worked. My ethernet is en0 and BuiltInEthernet is True in NetworkInterfaces.plist but I'm still not able to authenticate with iCloud or iMessage. All I've accomplished is somehow disabling QX on my Intel HD 4600 (worked up until I added the device-properties string to chameleon, now it only works occasionally)

Is there anything else I can try? I am using a custom kext for my Killer E2200 ethernet but I don't know if that would be the cause or not. I'm on 10.9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back