Contribute
Register

Icloud and Appstore not working with Maverick - NO LOGIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Did you tried this one?
1-Delete the configuration in network preferences. (hit the - to delete).
2-Inside YourRootPartition>Library>Preferences>System Configuration.
Delete:
-com.apple.network.identification.plist
-NetworkInterfaces.plist
3-Reboot
4-Go to network preferences and create new network service. (hit the + to create)

Same here. but maps freezes and eject button on keyboard not working.any ideas?

Nearly same config, same problem. iMessage can work if you delete the network and set it up as en0 and reboot, but after another reboot it will stop working. I also tried to edit my boot.plist as it worked at 10.8. for more than a year, but it crashed my whole system, I just reinstalled a clean one. Any progress @ your problem?

This is the complete method for those who have problems with iCloud, iMessages and AppStore.

I assume you already checked if your ethernet is en0, and you already have a valid serial number in your smbios.plist. If you don't have a valid serial number you can find one here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do Get a one from internet or chameleon wizard and switch numbers and letters until you find one that checks at apple's website.

Now, you need EfiStudio 1.1. Open it, click add card, choose ethernet built in. A new window will open, you will find a hex string in the second half of that window.

Important: For those who loose graphics with this method, close the window I mentioned, and add a second device, this time choose your graphics card. Now another window will open, and the string generated will be for both ethernet and graphics. This is because there can only bee one device-properties module in boot.plist. Note: This is not working if you use GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Now, you have the string. Copy your org.chameleon.Boot.plist from Extra to Desktop. Open the desktop version, and ad this:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>PASTE YOUR STRING HERE</string>

Note: If you tell EfiStudio to write to boot.plist it will not write into chameleon but in the default apple boot loader so don't. You have to copy the string manually.

Again, this string is generated by EfiStudio 1.1 If you chose only Ethernet, it will break your graphics if also need efi for your graphics card. To get the graphic card not break, add both ethernet and graphic card in EfiStudio, and it will generate one string for both.

Fore iMessage, download the archive below. Copy the ,,modules,, folder in your ,,Extra,, folder.

Reboot: Everything works !

Attachments

• modules.zip
    39.7 KB · Views: 243
Same here. But i only need app store. I delete the configuration in network preferences, and then reinstall network driver through multibeast 6.0. App store is now working.

This worked for me:

Fix

1. Download EFI Studio
2. Extract and launch EFIStudio-1.1 App
3. Select Ethernet from the Select Device: drop down.
4. Click Add Device, the Editor will be displayed.
5. Now open the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file located in /Extra directory with TextEdit.
6. at the end, you can see something like this
</dict>

</plist>
7. now add
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>key will come here</string>
before
</dict>
</plist>
8. switch to EFI Studio and from the Editor window click the Hex String to Clipboard button.

9. replace “key will come here” with copied value
10. re-boot and you can now access app store and other apps without any problems

Worked for me!
I tried everything else, all failed except for this. Thxs!

Hello

I have tried this and when I go to reboot my display goes out. I am running on a GA-Z68XP-UD3 if this matters or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back