Contribute
Register

iCloud account locked and reset password. Again and again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X 5UD TH
CPU
Intel i7, 4770K 4.0Ghz
Graphics
Asus, R9 290X
Hello,
I've been having a very worrisome problem ever since I upgraded my OS to mac Sierra.

So far 4 times out of 20-30 logins to my OS a security warning pops up saying that my icloud account has been locked for security reason and asking me to change my password. (I'm running out of new passwords to create since apple doesn't let me to use the old ones)

I'm afraid this problem might eventually cause my account to be terminated for good. The only thing I can think of is the SMBIOS settings on Clover Config. since I had to update them right after I had upgraded to mac Sierra in order to get my imessage and facetime working.

Any idea what may be causing Apple's security system to freak out and keep locking my account?

Thank you very much in advance!

The only thing I can think of is the SMBIOS settings on Clover Config. since I had to update them right after I had upgraded to mac Sierra in order to get my imessage and facetime working.

Did you remove any unwanted devices from your Apple ID through the link on the iCloud page before you changed the SMBIOS settings?

Did you remove any unwanted devices from your Apple ID through the link on the iCloud page before you changed the SMBIOS settings?

Define "unwanted" please?

I didn't remove any devices from the iCloud account before changing the "SMBIOS" options but I didn't change the serial number. Only the "Board serial number" and the "SmUUID" was changed if I recall correctly.

Currently, I've my iphone and the current hackintosh i'm using with the same serial number on the iCloud account. But ofc I can't see any of the "SmUUID" or "Board Serial Number" for the hackintosh in there.

I'm having the same problem. It appears to be occurring since getting a new iPhone and removing my old one from my account. I have made no changes to my Hackintosh besides installing the 10.2.2 update.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem. I have removed several devices via icloud.com -> find my iPhone, but that was done _after_ setting SMBIOS up.

I to have a problem, I installed the new High Sierra Beta's and final but every time I did so,
I go the error my account is locked and need to set a new password.

the only think I changed was the FakeSMC.kext, and I updated clover.

@fademar, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Oups sorry for that. I updated my signature. I am using a DELL Optiplex 9020 with one small change, I replaced the HD with a SSD.

EDIT : found the solution. I needed to update the config file with clover configurator. SmUUID in SMBIOS and ROM in Rt Variables were missing !

Last edited:
Oups sorry for that. I updated my signature. I am using a DELL Optiplex 9020 with one small change, I replaced the HD with a SSD.

EDIT : found the solution. I needed to update the config file with clover configurator. SmUUID in SMBIOS and ROM in Rt Variables were missing !

Hey can you explain in short how you fixed this.
In my config I have the SmUUID but in my rt variables I have nothing.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back