Graphics
NVidia 210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been unable to get the iCloud to start due to an "Account limit reached" error. From my research, I have learned that the source of this error is the serial that my hackintosh was given during setup. According to this guide, you are able to change the serial via the "champlist.app serial generator"
http://3rr0rists.net/guides/how-to-fix-icloud-on-hackintosh-lion-10-7-2.html
I tried doing just that, but I lost the ability to boot after using the serial generator. I'm on Mountain Lion right now, and would love any better advice as to getting a new serial/getting iCloud running.

Everything else works flawlessly due to you helpful bastards, thank you so much!

-Theo

I had the same problem with iCloud. All I did to fix this was open the SMBios.plist in /Extra folder with Chameleon Wizard(I prefer it to Champlist) and click the generate button to get new serial save and reboot.

As for not being able to boot after using Champlist I think you must have accidentally overwritten your org.chameleon.Boot.plist I did that before. So you better check org.chameleon.Boot.plist to see if all your original setting is still the same.

i dont get u well.
is chamelion wizard another application all together i have to download to generate the serial

when i opened my smbios.plist its opens with textedit.

what is chamelion wizard and how did u open the smbios.plist with it...

I've opened my SMBios.plist file with Chameleon Wizard (open the app, switch to SMBios tab and click Open button, then choose the right file). After clicking Edit button new window with all of preferences opens, but I don't see how I can generate new serial number. All that I can is edit numbers in serial field, or select premade SMBIOSes with different serials.

Tom86
Where is Generate Serial button?

----

Oh, OK... i've found it. To generate new serial number all you need is click Random button in Unique number section.

This seems to work, but after editing the Chameleon plist my mac won't boot or change to 1920x1080 settings. Any idea how to fix that? The line of code for the 1920x1080 function is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back