Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo C940-14IIL
CPU
Intel i5-1035G4
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus Graphics
Hey, guys. I feel like Ive tried everything, but I know Im not understanding some parts of the issue.

Anyways, Im running Big Sur on my Lenovo C940. Literally everything is running great, except for the graphics acceleration.

About This Mac says I have 7mb of vram, which Ive learned means Im not using the correct device-id.

What Im not understanding is what is the difference between the ig-platform-id and the device-id? I know theres some level of bit swapping involved, but Im unsure. What I do know is that by using Hackintool, Ive found my graphics controller's device id to be 0x5A8A and the sub id is 8086

Any time that I change these values from the default in my config.plist, it fails to boot. Any suggestions?

@clearsimpleplain,

I don't recall seeing anyone with Iris Plus graphics having success .... but then i have not specifically searched for a solution as I don't have any systems with Iris Plus.

I assume you already tried searching this site and others for a solution ?

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I don't recall seeing anyone with Iris Plus graphics having success ....

I assume you already tried searching this site and others for a solution ?
The WhateverGreen FAQ lists Iris Plus as being supported and shows my device id under the Ice Lake native supported devids section

I have scoured the internet for an answer and have seen a few users say they have had success but none of them have posted how they were able to get it working, just that it is

This is a link to the Ice Lake Iris Plus framebuffers, which are all mobile framebuffers, on the WhateverGreen.kext FAQ manual - FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

I assume you have tried entering the default laptop framebuffer - 0x8A520000, which would be entered as 0000528A in the /OC/config.plist, e.g.

DeviceProperties > Add > AAPL,ig-platform-id > data > 0000528A.

Have you tried any of the other framebuffers, there are a large number of alternatives that might work. Just remember to reverse pair swap the framebuffer from the WEG FAQ manual when entering it in your config.plist.

Given your IGPU's device ID is 0x8A5A have you tried using the 0x8A5A0001 framebuffer?

It would be entered as 01005A8A in the config.plist.

It would be entered as 01005A8A in the config.plist.
See, this is what im trying to figure out. It says that's my device id, so why does it go under platform-id and not device-id? What goes in the device-id field?

Device-ID is used for faking a device model. Not for setting the framebuffer.

The framebuffer always goes under AAPL,ig-platform-id.

Ah! Now I see. Thank you for that. Ill try a few more and report back here

So using 01005A8A and deleting the device-id line worked perfectly. Thank you so much.

Now my only issue is doing so made the backlight not nearly as bright as it was before. It shows the brightness is all the way up, but realistically it's probably 65%

EDIT: putting it to sleep and waking up again fixed the backlight issue. Thanks guys.

Hi, do you mind sharing your EFI?

I've got the same laptop C940 with the i7-1065G7 CPU and 4k screen. I've got most things working including graphics but I can't get the trackpad or touchscreen working. I've tried various GPIO / XOSI SSDTs and patches without success.

Also kernel_task runs quite high at 50% CPU so I know something else is wrong too.

Thanks for your help.

Here's my EFI.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 286
Dell Inspiron 14 5400 2n1 also has Iris Plus graphics. Confirm the above method worked for me as well by changing the AAPL,ig-platform-id to my device id which this display was 0x8A52 and deleting the device id line.

I assumed to use the frame buffer of 0100528A and resulted in me gaining full graphics acceleration. However I noticed the color was a little bland and appeared to have scanlines. I then re-edited the config.plist and changed appl,ig-plat from 0100528A to 0000528A. After reboot, the screen and color profile was perfect and still retained full acceleration. Thanks to @Edhawk and @clearsimpleplain for the prior discussion ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back