Contribute
Register

IBOOT Skylake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello! i see in the downloads page that there are many iboot versions, witch one should i use for a skylake processor? or should i use something diferent?

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
PRIME Z490-A
CPU
i5 10600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
ASUS H270
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As of now there is no iBoot for Skylake systems.
Will there be an iBoot for Skylake processors in the near future? Or are you never going to update. Because I have no friend that owns a Mac or an available Mac that I could use for a normal install.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5-EU
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
solved

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asrock Z77 Pro3
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just use Unibeast and make a bootable USB drive for your Hackintosh installation needs... iBoot was for L/SL.

ModBot

Super Moderator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
We are working on a solution for this.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770k
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
And is there one, yet? I don't have a mac anymore, or know anyone that does. But I still have the Snow Leopard install DVD. This is my only option. I just need to get any version installed so I can log in to my apple account and update.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
And is there one, yet? I don't have a mac anymore, or know anyone that does. But I still have the Snow Leopard install DVD. This is my only option. I just need to get any version installed so I can log in to my apple account and update.

Unfortunately on this site you're kind of locked down in terms of install procedures. Are you sure you don't have a friend or relative that has a Mac? Be honest and tell them you need to download MacOS Sierra. They'll probably let you use their Mac for an hour or two.

If that's not an option: I've heard there are options to rent a Mac. Here's the google page:

https://www.google.com/search?q=REN...i57j69i60l3.1870j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Snow Leopard usually doesn't work on newer systems so the above options might be your only options.

ModBot

Super Moderator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
that is a very good question , how do you start fresh. can you download os x iso and use it as a VM on windows , and then create os x installation usb with unibeast ?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/
  • This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

Status
Not open for further replies.