Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I am completely new (first build), and falling at the first hurdle! So please bare with me if my question seems very basic!

I do not have access to an apple pc, therefore, I am going down the snow leopard clean install route (purchased the dvd from apple). I have burned iboot haswell to a cd (unzipped it, so just the iso file is on the cd) and changed my bios to match mga1981's screen shots in his success post. I restart my pc with iboot (sata dvd drive with the drive being the chosen boot drive) and nothing happens. It states "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert media in selected boot device and press a key" ... On pressing a key, the dvd drive fires up and the disk spins but nothing recognised.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck!

My components are as follows (all on the buyers guide):

GA-H97m-d3h
i5 4690K
8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport XT (only 4gb currently installed)
On Board Intel HD4600 Graphics
Corsair CS550M Power Supply
TP Link PCi express wifi adapter
Samsung Evo 850 120gb SSD
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB (Generic sata dvd drive I bought - only need it for this install)

You need to burn the iBoot CD using the ISO as an image. Burning the ISO file onto a CD will do nothing.

Thank you - I am such a dummie - hopefully trying this is not a lost cause!! I have now burned it successfully and now trying to work up from Snow Leopard to Yosemite.

Thank you again for all of your help - it is greatly appreciated.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back