Contribute
Register

iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
sasta said:
Tonymac,
I have an intel i7 980x wih an ASRock extreme3 motherboard.
Using your guide, I managed to install on my disk. I am able to boot with iboot and update to 10.6.3 with busratio=25. But when I install multibeast for unsupposrted cpu, the system reboots, or in the best case shutdowns itself after a while before entering the graphics.
Could you please tell me the exact configuration of iboot cd(kernel, boot lists, kexts) so I can reproduce it in my system?
I extracted my dsdt.aml and I provide it ot you after I made the first fixes.
I would appreciate it if you could edit it more.....
Thanks in advance.

Tony I would really need your help here.
Tried different methods and always after install I have the same problem.
The system shutdowns itself at boot.
I tried busratio=25 and cpus=1 at boot but no difference
Thank you and sorry for quoting myself

sasta said:
sasta said:
Tonymac,
Using your guide, I managed to install on my disk. I am able to boot with iboot and update to 10.6.3 with busratio=25. But when I install multibeast for unsupposrted cpu, the system reboots, or in the best case shutdowns itself after a while before entering the graphics.
Could you please tell me the exact configuration of iboot cd(kernel, boot lists, kexts) so I can reproduce it in my system?
Thanks in advance.

Yeah- iBoot should be comparable to EasyBeast Unsupported- but has the 10.0.0 kernel instead. You might try installing that- but you shouldn't need a patched kernel for the 980- it's supported! So 2nd choice is to just install the 10.6.3 update again- and reboot- using the vanilla kernel. Good luck! Sorry to be brief! :mrgreen:

SEE BELOW!!!!
=======================
Been waiting to try this out and have GREATLY appreciated the tools and helpful forum you put together....

I finally got my hardware together (MSI P55-CD53, Core i5 750, 4 GB 1333 RAM, SATA HD 300GB, SATA DVD-RW, old video card GeForce FX5200).

I set my BIOS to boot from CD (and made a few BIOS entries about AHCI but still not sure what that is or why it matters ---- I don't know if my problem is related to that. There is no place where I simply say "AHCI enabled" it seems to be related to various RAID settings...) I booted iBoot, put the retail SL disc in, pressed F5, pressed -x <Enter> and away it went.....

Saw lots and lots of messages about KEXT's loading .... then the screen reset into a different text font (and the Chameleon eyes went away) but among the new messages that appeared, it said "nvram not supported on this system". A few seconds later it rebooted but did not even try to boot the SL dvd, it just went back to booting the old windows from the hard drive.

Is the nvram message indicating a fatal error? What does this mean exactly. Also I saw some messages about "blacklisted kexts", is that a problem (and why would they be on the boot cd if they are blacklisted"

Finally, could my video card (old Nvidia fx5200, PCI) cause this?

Any ideas appreciated ! Thanks guys!

Paul M

=======================
=======================
New Post: IT WORKED! (it was the video card, switched to a PCIe GeForce 8400 GS, its all good even QE/CI! (Audio is still a problem, I have audio info in "System Profiler" but no Output Device shows up) More to follow, its been long day....

tonymacx86 said:
sasta said:
sasta said:
Tonymac,
Thanks in advance.

Yeah- iBoot should be comparable to EasyBeast Unsupported- but has the 10.0.0 kernel instead. You might try installing that- but you shouldn't need a patched kernel for the 980- it's supported! So 2nd choice is to just install the 10.6.3 update again- and reboot- using the vanilla kernel. Good luck! Sorry to be brief! :mrgreen:
Thanks anyway I will try this!

Hi guys, just a quick question, I'm using a 10.6.3 retail dvd instead of the 10.6 reatail and was just wondering what should I choose in the multibeast? In system profiler it seems to recognise everything ok, (I think) Built in audio is ok, even the sata is recognised as intel 55 & jmicron etc. Seems that my vga is working too. So should I just choose to install the rc4 & use the dstd.aml from the database? Will this be enough? Is the iBoot making everything work ok? I want to add as few extra kexts as possible. Also I have an extra hdd which I made a clone of my install so that I can mess about a bit ;-)

Thanks in advance

Frank

Edit:
Ok after a bit of messing around I realised that the reason why system profiler recognised everything was because I was using my clone hdd to boot up rc4 & then I would boot my other hdd! ;-). So I'm just going to try the standard options in multibeast annd see how I get on.

regards

Hi guys,
is there any info on witch ".kext" files are used on the iBoot Dvd?
I tried to decompile the mkext file in preboot.dmg without success.
Cant get my PC to start without the iBoot CD... Still waiting for root device...

-Edit-
Some additional info:

MSI P965 Neo (Intel P965 + ICH8)
Intel Core2 E6600
Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS

Tried different IOATAFamily.kext from kexts.com and insanelymac without success...

f4ils0me said:
Hi guys,
is there any info on witch ".kext" files are used on the iBoot Dvd?
I tried to decompile the mkext file in preboot.dmg without success.
Cant get my PC to start without the iBoot CD... Still waiting for root device...

If you let us know what type of computer you have by filling out your profile fields and signature- we'll be able to help. ;)

Hi,

I'm using the retail 10.6.3 DVD, I ran MultiBeast and I'm not sure if it made things better. I'm having trouble changing screen resolutions and a few other problems. I've been looking for several days, but everything talks about upgrading to 10.6.3 by running the 10.6.3 combo update.

So the last time I installed from DVD, ran the MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.3v1.1. then MultiBeast :banghead:

Does the retail 10.6.3 DVD change how I should install?

Is the GA-P55A-UD4P, core i7, and the Geforce Nvidia 9500GT a solid combination?
Sorry for being a noobie...

Later... I would like to get the IDE drive connected that has XP on it

JoelATX said:
Hi,

I'm using the retail 10.6.3 DVD, I ran MultiBeast and I'm not sure if it made things better. I'm having trouble changing screen resolutions and a few other problems. I've been looking for several days, but everything talks about upgrading to 10.6.3 by running the 10.6.3 combo update.

So the last time I installed from DVD, ran the MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.3v1.1. then MultiBeast :banghead:

Does the retail 10.6.3 DVD change how I should install?

Is the GA-P55A-UD4P, core i7, and the Geforce Nvidia 9500GT a solid combination?
Sorry for being a noobie...

Later... I would like to get the IDE drive connected that has XP on it

Yeah- this is a great and very solid combination for iBoot + MultiBeast. Just follow the guide- but don't do any updates- you'll be good to go as soon as you reboot with iBoot and run GigaBeast + System Utilities. :thumbup:

Thanks for the quick reply!!! :clap:

I noticed the Bios setup is a little different, I kinda get lost in all the extra eSATA and GSATA stuff. All SATA stuff should be AHCI right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back