Contribute
Register

iboot Ivy Bridge - Asus P9X79Pro - i7 4820k - Failure To Reach SL Utility - Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
32GB RAM
CPU
Graphics
GTX770 4GB
Hi, first post, first hackintosh, total failure after following the SL + iboot Ivy Bridge tonymac guide to get an OS install to then upgrade for Ivy Bridge, after much forum searching still no go.

Trying to install SL on a Asus P9X79Pro, i7 4820k, 32GB Crucial Tacticle 1.3v, MSI Overclocked GTX770, Extreme II SSD, BluRay Optical Drive.

Followed many threads advice, Bios Optimised plus disabled audio, BT, VT, Fast Boot, Marvel, USB 3.0, Secure Boot, enabled XMP Profile 1 to suit memory timings, CAS and voltage.

Tried numerous combinations of GraphicsEnabler, IGPEnabler, npci 0x2000 & 0x3000, -f, -x, cpus, PCIRootUID.

All get me so far but ultimately fail with PC powering off before reaching disk utility stage to format the SSD etc.

Any advice much appreciated.

Hi, first post, first hackintosh, total failure after following the SL + iboot Ivy Bridge tonymac guide to get an OS install to then upgrade for Ivy Bridge, after much forum searching still no go.

Trying to install SL on a Asus P9X79Pro, i7 4820k, 32GB Crucial Tacticle 1.3v, MSI Overclocked GTX770, Extreme II SSD, BluRay Optical Drive.

Followed many threads advice, Bios Optimised plus disabled audio, BT, VT, Fast Boot, Marvel, USB 3.0, Secure Boot, enabled XMP Profile 1 to suit memory timings, CAS and voltage.

Tried numerous combinations of GraphicsEnabler, IGPEnabler, npci 0x2000 & 0x3000, -f, -x, cpus, PCIRootUID.

All get me so far but ultimately fail with PC powering off before reaching disk utility stage to format the SSD etc.

Any advice much appreciated.

Since the GTX770 is not supported in SL you need a cheap gfx card that is, like the 8800GS or GT120 / GT210/220.

Excellent, thank you. I just happen to have a GT210 available to try this evening. Will report back in case others have similar problems.

No, still no go with a GT210 so far, best is getting to a black screen with mouse pointer up then shutdown.

Got to the spinning beach ball once using some combination of settings, now disabled just about everything in the bios and still no go, usual error if the machine doesnt shut down is panic cpu pmap steal memory debugger called backtrace cpu0 sydtem uptime in nanos 0.

Any ideas?

Got as far as spinning beachball with just about everything disabled in the bios but aftet a minute or so the machine shuts down. Tried lots combinations of options as first post and get to beachball with just PCIRootUID=1 but no further.

Any ideas?

Hi thanks for the reply. Bios is up to date and machine has been running Win8 64bit so guess all is ok in that respect.

I've tried the boot up string but without acpi=off so will try that later when I'm back home.

I'm wondering whether my Samsung Bluray optical drive is compatible, considering getting a cheap SATA CD/DVD instead and had read about running on only 4GB RAM have 32GB, hoping if that's the case I can shut them down in Bios, not wanting to remove the sticks as they're under a monster cpu fan.

But will try various boot options in the link first.

Hi thanks for the reply. Bios is up to date and machine has been running Win8 64bit so guess all is ok in that respect.

I've tried the boot up string but without acpi=off so will try that later when I'm back home.

I'm wondering whether my Samsung Bluray optical drive is compatible, considering getting a cheap SATA CD/DVD instead and had read about running on only 4GB RAM have 32GB, hoping if that's the case I can shut them down in Bios, not wanting to remove the sticks as they're under a monster cpu fan.

But will try various boot options in the link first.

no need to remove RAM modules - iBoot restricts you to 4Gb regardless. If in doubt you could try using MaxMem=4096 boot flag

[No go with any combinations, still resetting with cpu halt

I see a lot of SAM Read or Write Errors. Disk1s3 I/O Errors not sure if that is relavent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back