Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,
I've loaded the iBoot disc successfully and inserted OSX when prompted, press F5 and ENTER. Screen hangs on blank white image with grey mac logo. I've tried all the -x, -y, -v options with and without 'PCIRootUID=1' prefix.

I've also tried this with a partitioned 1TB drive, set to 420GB as NTFS, FAT32 and unallocated. I've got nothing. BIOS set to recomended settings.

Compatible Gigabit Motherboard
Seagate 1TB partitioned to 420GB (Currently Unallocated)
4GB kingston hyperX RAM
Radeon HD5850 GPU
Intel i5 2500K CPU
LG BlueRay ROM DVD RW drive
USB - Only keyboard and mouse

What guide are you following? Are you sure your bios settings are correct? What DVD drive are you using? Is the DVD drive in SATA port 0 with the hard drive in SATA port 1? Are you using the blue SATA ports?

Thanks OldFred,

Followed TonyMac guide. Bios settings as recommended. Using LG BlueRay ROM DVD RWdrive, plugged into blue SATA_2, HDD in blue SATA_3. SATA_0 & SATA_1 ports are white SATA3's(6gbs) currently unused.

Any thoughts, is Blueray an issue?

Any thoughts, is Blueray an issue?
It's early days yet on Blueray drives with OSX. Some people have gotten them to work, but I wouldn't try to install from one. Since you are having problems, use a supported DVD drive for the install, then add a Blueray when everything is working. Making a Hack is difficult and knowing that all your hardware is supported takes some of the guesswork out of the process. :D

Thanks for that. I did think it could be the problem. Can you recommend an optical? Just had a quick browse, thinking of getting something simple like a Lite-On IHAS324 24x DVDRW. They're are only $25. Or would it be better to go for a more established brand like a samsung or LG?

Thanks again, I'll see how I go.

Try using iBoot legacy. You can get it from the download section. The same sort of thing happened to me it was solved with legacy. Also if rhis doesn't work get a drive that works and is cheap incase that isnt the cause of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back