Contribute
Register

iBoot F5 Refresh Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
usb legacy enabled worked for me too!!
Gigabyte EX-58 UDR5 REV 1,i7 920, gt8800,
thanks guys!!!

Wow! I've been at this all day trying to get this iboot disk to work. Finally, I found this this post and now it works! Thank you very much. Who would've thunk it. :D

Trying to install Snow Leopard (I have retail DVD) on Win7 under Virtualbox. Booting into iBoot is fine. Then when I swap out the disk image to the physical DVD drive with the Snow Leopard DVD, and hit F5... nothing.

I tried the BIOS legacy USB setting but it was already enabled. (I disabled it for the craic... still nothing).

Tried a PS/2 keyboard. Nothing.

With my logitech keyboard, Function+F5 spreads out all my windows... great, but not what I want, right?!

System is P8P67pro, Intel Core-i5 2500k, ATI Radeon HD5700.

Any ideas on getting the boot screen to recognise my Snow Leopard DVD?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I already tried both iBoot and iBoot Legacy, so that's not it... not sure what my options are now!?

Trying to install Snow Leopard (I have retail DVD) on Win7 under Virtualbox. Booting into iBoot is fine. Then when I swap out the disk image to the physical DVD drive with the Snow Leopard DVD, and hit F5... nothing.

I tried the BIOS legacy USB setting but it was already enabled. (I disabled it for the craic... still nothing).

Tried a PS/2 keyboard. Nothing.

With my logitech keyboard, Function+F5 spreads out all my windows... great, but not what I want, right?!

System is P8P67pro, Intel Core-i5 2500k, ATI Radeon HD5700.

Any ideas on getting the boot screen to recognise my Snow Leopard DVD?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I already tried both iBoot and iBoot Legacy, so that's not it... not sure what my options are now!?

If you want to install OS X and get support you need to install it to HDD/SSD not in VM on Win7. No support for VM on this site unless the host is OS X.

If you want to install OS X and get support you need to install it to HDD/SSD not in VM on Win7. No support for VM on this site unless the host is OS X.
Oh, ok. I found it was because I hadn't enabled VT in the BIOS...! Am up and running now but having a different issue so will look elsewhere for help I suppose!

When I load iBoot and then insert my Snow Leopard disk pressing F5 or F10 does absolutely nothing. I thought maybe it had to do with the bios being set to AHCI so I changed all that back to IDE but still did not fix the issue. Does anyone have any idea of why I cannot get the disk to refresh? My setup is to the left.

m3kilpat

what keyboard type and port are you using USB or PS2

Also check to see if the bios has the option to enable legacy USB support in the bios.

Also when you boot from IBoot you wait till its done and stopped spinning then change to the dvd and then press F5 this should get your DVD drive scanned and show up as a icon on the screen

Also your media drive is a dvd combo drive not just a cd drive.

SOLVED this issue by changing my CD ROM drive. The drive I was using before was showing up as IDE HL-DT-ST CD ROM drive* in my bios despite everything being changed to AHCI. Swapped the cables to another of my drives and ta-effing-da!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back