Contribute
Register

iBoot F5 Refresh Not Working

Joined
Aug 24, 2010
Messages
7
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X
CPU
Skylake i7 6700K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 670
Mobile Phone
Android
When I load iBoot and then insert my Snow Leopard disk pressing F5 or F10 does absolutely nothing. I thought maybe it had to do with the bios being set to AHCI so I changed all that back to IDE but still did not fix the issue. Does anyone have any idea of why I cannot get the disk to refresh? My setup is to the left.
 

MacMan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
8,551
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - 2606 - UEFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
m3kilpat said:
When I load iBoot and then insert my Snow Leopard disk pressing F5 or F10 does absolutely nothing. I thought maybe it had to do with the bios being set to AHCI so I changed all that back to IDE but still did not fix the issue. Does anyone have any idea of why I cannot get the disk to refresh? My setup is to the left.
What version of the motherboard? Are you using a USB keyboard?
 
Joined
Aug 24, 2010
Messages
7
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X
CPU
Skylake i7 6700K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 670
Mobile Phone
Android
MacMan said:
m3kilpat said:
When I load iBoot and then insert my Snow Leopard disk pressing F5 or F10 does absolutely nothing. I thought maybe it had to do with the bios being set to AHCI so I changed all that back to IDE but still did not fix the issue. Does anyone have any idea of why I cannot get the disk to refresh? My setup is to the left.
What version of the motherboard? Are you using a USB keyboard?
Latest bios update with a usb keyboard. The keyboard is recognized because I can move between the disk and windows OS icons and press down to get the menu when iBoot is loaded.
 

MacMan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
8,551
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - 2606 - UEFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
m3kilpat said:
MacMan said:
m3kilpat said:
When I load iBoot and then insert my Snow Leopard disk pressing F5 or F10 does absolutely nothing. I thought maybe it had to do with the bios being set to AHCI so I changed all that back to IDE but still did not fix the issue. Does anyone have any idea of why I cannot get the disk to refresh? My setup is to the left.
What version of the motherboard? Are you using a USB keyboard?
Latest bios update with a usb keyboard. The keyboard is recognized because I can move between the disk and windows OS icons and press down to get the menu when iBoot is loaded.
What keyboard? I have a stupid MS keyboard where I have to press a special key plus F5 for it to be recognized.
 
Joined
Aug 24, 2010
Messages
7
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X
CPU
Skylake i7 6700K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 670
Mobile Phone
Android
MacMan said:
What keyboard? I have a stupid MS keyboard where I have to press a special key plus F5 for it to be recognized.
It's a logitech I believe, but it's a mac version keyboard, so the F keys are the special buttons that macs have. There is no "special" key or fn key that I saw.
 

MacMan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
8,551
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - 2606 - UEFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
m3kilpat said:
MacMan said:
What keyboard? I have a stupid MS keyboard where I have to press a special key plus F5 for it to be recognized.
It's a logitech I believe, but it's a mac version keyboard, so the F keys are the special buttons that macs have. There is no "special" key or fn key that I saw.
I have a Logitech that has a F-Lock button that needs to be engaged for function keys to work. This is a old PC/MAC USB keyboard/mouse set.
 
Joined
Aug 25, 2010
Messages
3
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU
i7-930
Graphics
GEFORCE GT220
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm having the same situation. F5 doesn't do anything. But I can't even get a menu by pressing the down arrow on the iBoot screen. I have the same motherboard and cpu, different video. I've used two different usb keyboards.
 
Joined
Aug 24, 2010
Messages
7
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X
CPU
Skylake i7 6700K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 670
Mobile Phone
Android
qness said:
I'm having the same situation. F5 doesn't do anything. But I can't even get a menu by pressing the down arrow on the iBoot screen. I have the same motherboard and cpu, different video. I've used two different usb keyboards.
First off, I got mine working. I'm an idiot and wasn't pressing the FN key. I believe I originally couldn't press anything like you though. I went and changed usb legacy in the bios settings to enabled. I believe this is what got it working, though it could have just been a fluke. In any case, try enabling that setting and see if you can use your keyboard.
 
Joined
Aug 25, 2010
Messages
3
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU
i7-930
Graphics
GEFORCE GT220
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
That change did it! I have a mac install going right now! Thanks
 
Joined
Mar 19, 2011
Messages
3
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Enabling Legacy USB Keyboard support fixed this issue for me as well.

Thanks!
 
Top