Motherboard
MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X
CPU
Skylake i7 6700K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 670
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
When I load iBoot and then insert my Snow Leopard disk pressing F5 or F10 does absolutely nothing. I thought maybe it had to do with the bios being set to AHCI so I changed all that back to IDE but still did not fix the issue. Does anyone have any idea of why I cannot get the disk to refresh? My setup is to the left.

m3kilpat said:
When I load iBoot and then insert my Snow Leopard disk pressing F5 or F10 does absolutely nothing. I thought maybe it had to do with the bios being set to AHCI so I changed all that back to IDE but still did not fix the issue. Does anyone have any idea of why I cannot get the disk to refresh? My setup is to the left.
What version of the motherboard? Are you using a USB keyboard?

MacMan said:
m3kilpat said:

Latest bios update with a usb keyboard. The keyboard is recognized because I can move between the disk and windows OS icons and press down to get the menu when iBoot is loaded.

m3kilpat said:
MacMan said:
m3kilpat said:

Latest bios update with a usb keyboard. The keyboard is recognized because I can move between the disk and windows OS icons and press down to get the menu when iBoot is loaded.
What keyboard? I have a stupid MS keyboard where I have to press a special key plus F5 for it to be recognized.

MacMan said:
What keyboard? I have a stupid MS keyboard where I have to press a special key plus F5 for it to be recognized.

It's a logitech I believe, but it's a mac version keyboard, so the F keys are the special buttons that macs have. There is no "special" key or fn key that I saw.

m3kilpat said:
MacMan said:

It's a logitech I believe, but it's a mac version keyboard, so the F keys are the special buttons that macs have. There is no "special" key or fn key that I saw.
I have a Logitech that has a F-Lock button that needs to be engaged for function keys to work. This is a old PC/MAC USB keyboard/mouse set.

I'm having the same situation. F5 doesn't do anything. But I can't even get a menu by pressing the down arrow on the iBoot screen. I have the same motherboard and cpu, different video. I've used two different usb keyboards.

qness said:
I'm having the same situation. F5 doesn't do anything. But I can't even get a menu by pressing the down arrow on the iBoot screen. I have the same motherboard and cpu, different video. I've used two different usb keyboards.

First off, I got mine working. I'm an idiot and wasn't pressing the FN key. I believe I originally couldn't press anything like you though. I went and changed usb legacy in the bios settings to enabled. I believe this is what got it working, though it could have just been a fluke. In any case, try enabling that setting and see if you can use your keyboard.

That change did it! I have a mac install going right now! Thanks

Enabling Legacy USB Keyboard support fixed this issue for me as well.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back