Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, I've got a bit of trouble. I've got a brand new Gateway DX4850-43c, and I'm having a heck of a time getting it to run. I downloaded the newest version of iBoot and Multibeast, and cannot even get the SL Installer to run. What happens is I can see the SL install disk, but when I select it, as soon as I see the white apple screen, the machine simply reboots. Now I was able to get the Installer to load and Install OS 10.6.3 with the iBoot legacy disk, and now the only way I can get to the desktop is to boot off this disk. The computer will not boot off the HDD after installing 10.6.7 combo and multibeast. And I used the easybeast install. The machines specs are as follows:

Core i5 2300 @ 2.8
6 gb ram
All I know of the motherboard is that it is an Asus h67 of some type
Nvidia GeForce GT 420 1gb video card

The last Gateway DX-series machine I hackintoshed worked like a charm with no hickups, so I'm really confused with what's going on with this machine.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

When you ran MultiBeast did you select one of the bootloaders and run it with system utilities?

Can you be more specific: first you say it doesn't recognize the SL disk, then that it loads but doesn't start with iBoot legacy. Can you tell us exactly what you did and where you are stuck the last install (as far as you got), include BIOS, HD format, MultiBeast selections. Then we can better help you!

Yes, I selected the appropriate bootloader for my situation. I always run the system utilities as due course after running Multibeast for anything, or after playing with kext files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back