NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

Trying to install Snow Leopard retail 10.6.0 using iBoot 2.7 on a Dell XPS M1330.

Core 2 Duo T7500
4GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Getting a kernel panic on IOATAFamily kext (see screenshot attached).

Using "-x -v" as the boot flags, I've also tried "-x -v PCIRootUID=1" but it doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0223.jpg
    IMAG0223.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 526
Moved to correct forum, Laptop Support.

Answering my own question, but it may help others...

It looks like this kernel panic occurs with the secondary IDE channel is disabled. It just so happens this is the case on the XPS M1330 and enabling it doesn't seem possible from the BIOS.

Apparently this is fixed in 10.6.3, which explains why my 10.6.0 retail installation fails. Now to find a copy of 10.6.3 and try again, I guess!

Reference to that found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=186609

So I went out and bought a copy of Mac OS X 10.6.3 and installed it successfully on my XPS M1330!

Everything appears to be working, minus the battery indicator, wireless (which is Intel 4965 AGN) and Ethernet which is Broadcom. I could probably get the battery working with VoodooBattery, and the ethernet going perhaps, however it looks like there's no kext for the Intel 4965 AGN wireless unfortunately. :(

Quartz seems to be working too, the graphic effects of Front Row, Dashboard etc are working. Nice!

halkyon said:
So I went out and bought a copy of Mac OS X 10.6.3 and installed it successfully on my XPS M1330!

Everything appears to be working, minus the battery indicator, wireless (which is Intel 4965 AGN) and Ethernet which is Broadcom. I could probably get the battery working with VoodooBattery, and the ethernet going perhaps, however it looks like there's no kext for the Intel 4965 AGN wireless unfortunately. :(

Quartz seems to be working too, the graphic effects of Front Row, Dashboard etc are working. Nice!

Just was curious if you had any luck with the audio? Is it headphone only or does it come through the speakers?

I have the battery indicator working, got a BCM4311 wifi card to get the net working -- like you no ethernet but its not a major concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back