Contribute
Register

i9900k install can't get to the installation screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Hello Fam, I've been out of touch for a while. Decided to make a new hackintosh together

I made almost exactly the same component in customac pro

i9 9900k
AMD Vega 56
Samsung 970 EVO500GB
64GB RAM

When I follow Tony's installation guide, I have to remove Dart=0 and nvdia=1 and it boots to install screen, but when it starts.. 2 mins to the end of first progress line.. it restarts itself... and then it tells me the install is not completed, missing files and restarts itself.

When I try Blouse's for this almost specific build I have to -verborse it. It doesn't get to the installation screen and I get the attached error. "Coulnd't allocate runtime area"

Can someone PLEASE help...

What's going wrong here :(

Attachments

Attachments

• IMG_5812.jpg
    IMG_5812.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 87
Hello Fam, I've been out of touch for a while. Decided to make a new hackintosh together

i9 9900k
AMD Vega 56
Samsung 970 EVO500GB
64GB RAM

When I follow Tony's installation guide, I have to remove Dart=0 and nvdia=1 and it boots to install screen, but when it starts.. 2 mins to the end of first progress line.. it restarts itself... and then it tells me the install is not completed, missing files and restarts itself.

When I try Blouse's for this almost specific build I have to -verborse it. It doesn't get to the installation screen and I get the attached error. "Coulnd't allocate runtime area"

Attachments

Try a different Aptio fix until you find one that works.

i9 9900k
AMD Vega 56
Samsung 970 EVO500GB
64GB RAM

Attachments
  • Please add your Hardware Specs to Build Signature and point that in your post so that readers can find them through out this troubleshoot without having to come back to #1
  • Please note your Account details showing MoBo: Mac Pro CPU as just i7
  • Your Verbose Boot screen is showing a problem with your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI ( current CLOVER will show that as drivers/UEFI ).
  • Your MoBo GA-Z390 series will need a very unconventional "AptioFix .. EFI for installation along with config.plist_Boot_ [√] Slide=0
  • Search for a properly documented successful macOSMojave post with Z390 or upload CLOVER from hidden EFI Partition of your USB Installer for help.

• Please add your Hardware Specs to Build Signature and point that in your post so that readers can find them through out this troubleshoot without having to come back to #1
  • Please note your Account details showing MoBo: Mac Pro CPU as just i7
  • Your Verbose Boot screen is showing a problem with your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI ( current CLOVER will show that as drivers/UEFI ).
  • Your MoBo GA-Z390 series will need a very unconventional "AptioFix .. EFI for installation along with config.plist_Boot_ [√] Slide=0
  • Search for a properly documented successful macOSMojave post with Z390 or upload CLOVER from hidden EFI Partition of your USB Installer for help.
Thank you both.

I updated my built. thank you.

i've read a bit more, and install OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, in my EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFIT folder instead of the other one.

now I get a different error. attached. I'm sorry. I've been out of touch and very unfamiliar with different methods. I tried to do a built that is simple. :(

THANK YOU!

Attachments

• IMG_5813.jpg
    IMG_5813.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 67
Thank you both.

I updated my built. thank you.

i've read a bit more, and install OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, in my EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFIT folder instead of the other one.

now I get a different error. attached. I'm sorry. I've been out of touch and very unfamiliar with different methods. I tried to do a built that is simple. :(

THANK YOU!
  • The uploaded Verbose Mode boot screen shot can occasionally occur with no serious issues and gets fixed on reboot.
  • If reboot shows the same error, the memory mapping is still not OK in the CLOVER in that disk.
  • If you like. take a look at the EFI_CLOVER FileTree in a successful macOSMojave10.14.6 (and Catalina Beta8-PR) I have uploaded ,and use that as a model, try that in your MacOSMojave UEFI USB installer's hidden EFI/Partition.
  • The config.plist must be created to make use of the contents of CLOVER and BIOS options.
  • I assume all your BIOS options are OK to boot a Hackintosh macOS to its destination screen.

Attachments

• 1.Edited EFI_CLOVER File Tree for Z390.png
    1.Edited EFI_CLOVER File Tree for Z390.png
    322.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Thank you for sending this, I will have to look at it tomorrow.
The below line is a bit unclear, should I use clover configurator...
The config.plist must be created to make use of the contents of CLOVER and BIOS options.

I'm assuming I need to put them in my USB/EFI partion in the folders per your photo.

In Blouse's guide, I've seen those but they are setup in a different folder. Is that correct?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 9.17.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 9.17.56 PM.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 76
Also, can I note, that when I tried just using unibeast and Tony's guide. I can get to the installation screen... format the HD... but installation restarts itself 2 mins to ending and can't continue anymore...cmn699 what are your thoughts?
Thank you so much

Also, can I note, that when I tried just using unibeast and Tony's guide. I can get to the installation screen... format the HD... but installation restarts itself 2 mins to ending and can't continue anymore...cmn699 what are your thoughts?
Thank you so much
The Screen shot you have uploaded in #6 is basically the same as I have shown as the one on the right as edited with certain files to be removed for your board. ( I will edit and remove the first one)

In the currently released CLOVER , the FileTree structure has changed compared to what I have uploaded. That is why they look different.

Formerly EFI/CLOVER/drivers6UEFI was the path to where you had to install the various needed ".....efi files " as shown in my screen shot of EFI-CLOVER File Tree.

In the one you uploaded it is like EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI. where all the required "....efi " files are to be copied and pasted after downloading the latest from Internet search.

Both will work the same way. It is like getting your things in a plastic shopping bag or paper bag; the contents and how they help booting are unchanged only the folder names have changed.

The one I have uploaded, includes the required Kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and I have thrown away all the numbered kexts folders that serve no purpose but retained as they are for older OSX and macOS versions. "Other" folder is where the kexts needed to be injected during boot, should be installed.

in the config.plist_Boot _Args, make sure you have [√] slide=0 along with other needed flags

The Screen shot you have uploaded in #6 is basically the same as I have shown as the one on the right as edited with certain files to be removed for your board. ( I will edit and remove the first one)

In the currently released CLOVER , the FileTree structure has changed compared to what I have uploaded. That is why they look different.

Formerly EFI/CLOVER/drivers6UEFI was the path to where you had to install the various needed ".....efi files " as shown in my screen shot of EFI-CLOVER File Tree.

In the one you uploaded it is like EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI. where all the required "....efi " files are to be copied and pasted after downloading the latest from Internet search.

Both will work the same way. It is like getting your things in a plastic shopping bag or paper bag; the contents and how they help booting are unchanged only the folder names have changed.

The one I have uploaded, includes the required Kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and I have thrown away all the numbered kexts folders that serve no purpose but retained as they are for older OSX and macOS versions. "Other" folder is where the kexts needed to be injected during boot, should be installed.

in the config.plist_Boot _Args, make sure you have [√] slide=0 along with other needed flags

Hi Friend, Thank you for your help. I used your help and Tony's guide, Deleted Aptio drived and added Emu and added OSx.
It got installed but after 3 boots.. when it's suppose to be over.. It's loaded to a black screen with my curser, and when I press enter I see a square box... What am I doing wrong you think? I have only one flag in my boot., slide=0.

PLEASE HELP

Attachments

• IMG_5854.JPG
    IMG_5854.JPG
    518.7 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back