Contribute
Register

i9 9980XE CPU NOT SHOWING UP IN ABOUT THIS MAC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, firstly the cpu-type is only cosmetic design says the clover developer.
It should not affect performance what-so-ever.
Maybe there is a misconfig regarding that you are using iMacPro as SMBIOS def which uses XEON Processors instead of a iMac19,1 which uses the i7 and i9.
Have you also tried Intel Power Gadget to see if you are getting stock Ghz and Turbo freqs ?

Then try 0x1009.

If you start up your computer without any cpu-type modifications in Clover.
Then launch IORegistryExplorer app and click on "CPU@0" in the left field.
What value do you get as cpu-type in the right window ?
"<09 10>"

"<09 10>"
Oks, that is correct. It's reverse. <09 10> would be 0x1009. So the Unknown CPU is only cosmetic because Apple has never used this processor before. What do you get in "clock-frequence" in the same window as cpu-type ?

Oks, that is correct. It's reverse. <09 10> would be 0x1009. So the Unknown CPU is only cosmetic because Apple has never used this processor before. What do you get in "clock-frequence" in the same window as cpu-type ?
<00 5e d0 b2>

Well, firstly the cpu-type is only cosmetic design says the clover developer.
It should not affect performance what-so-ever.
Maybe there is a misconfig regarding that you are using iMacPro as SMBIOS def which uses XEON Processors instead of a iMac19,1 which uses the i7 and i9.
Have you also tried Intel Power Gadget to see if you are getting stock Ghz and Turbo freqs ?
I'm going to try "iMac19,1" as SMBIOS. Give me some time...

I'm going to try "iMac19,1" as SMBIOS. Give me some time...
oks, please take backup of config file before, change smbios to 19,1 and try these various cpu-type numbers.

Also if you launch up GeekBench, it should give you the model identification on the cpu. Just to be sure.
And also, If you launch up Activity Monitor in Applications -> Utilities -> and press CMD+2, how many cpu threads to you get ?

oks, please take backup of config file before, change smbios to 19,1 and try these various cpu-type numbers.

Also if you launch up GeekBench, it should give you the model identification on the cpu. Just to be sure.
And also, If you launch up Activity Monitor in Applications -> Utilities -> and press CMD+2, how many cpu threads to you get ?
36 CPU threads

36 CPU threads
Great. How about you just use the iMacPro as before and change the "Unknown" CPU just by your self by modify the AppleSystemInfo.strings file :

Look for E.10) System Overview CPU Cosmetics

Great. How about you just use the iMacPro as before and change the "Unknown" CPU just by your self by modify the AppleSystemInfo.strings file :

Look for E.10) System Overview CPU Cosmetics
Will do, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back