Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 for UAD2... used since their earliest cards... best plugins on the market.
I think they are great plugins, but I parted ways with them because, I'm not a fan of onboard DSP chips which can't handle anything outside of handful of plugins. Planned obsolescence is part of the game. Also, I get the same result with Slate Everything bundle but the processing is handled by far more potent, overclocked Intel Chip. I've done hundreds of tests on this, about the ONLY company that executes DSP processing really really well is Metric Halo, but their plug in GUIs leave a lot to be desired, and their ULN-8 is out of reach for most home studios. So, if you want ultra-linear, transparent sound, right now it's either Slate VRS-8 or Antelope Audio (or a BLA modded UAD Apollo X unit).

This build is very interesting , I'd like to stay @ EL Capitan for the meanwhile , would the OP's build work with it?
I'm in need for a new workstation for music projects

This build is very interesting , I'd like to stay @ EL Capitan for the meanwhile , would the OP's build work with it?
I'm in need for a new workstation for music projects
You'll need older hardware to run El Capitan. New chipsets and graphics cards are not backwards compatible with many older OS X / macOS versions. Best to use Skylake or older hardware.

Oh, thx for the Quick response , guess i have to work on a Pros&Cons list.

Oh, thx for the Quick response , guess i have to work on a Pros&Cons list.
Im going with Mojave. According to others, it works well with this build

I will post results later.

I bought the parts. They should arrive in a week's time. I will create a thread about my experiences with the build later.

I'm not sure if it's still in your build, but steer clear of the samsung 970 plus versions, there's topics that they cause frequent crashes. The regular 970's work fine.

I'm not sure if it's still in your build, but steer clear of the samsung 970 plus versions, there's topics that they cause frequent crashes. The regular 970's work fine.

Yeah I went with the non plus - version. I also changed the Z390 Designare to Z390 Aorus Master as it was only 10€ more expensive and according to the benchmarks and reviews, its simply better than the Designare.

This also means that I will miss out on the Thunderbolt 3.. but I think better OC, more efficient VRM and generally better performance makes up for it while only costing me the additional 10€.

Last edited:
You will also miss out on CaseySJ's fantastic guide and support thread. Having that kind of information far outweighs better VRM test results, especially when you are new to Hackintosh.

I found a working build/guide with the same Aorus Master + I9-9900K - combo that I have in my build. The biggest problem with the Designare was the x16 pcie slot clearance with a dual tower CPU cooler. I would have been forced to use the x8 / x4 pcie slot instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back