Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi.
I always get a lot of help from this site.
I'm going to upgrade the system this time.
So I made an estimate, and I hope you can check how it is.

CPU_Intel i9 9900K

MB_GIGABYTE Z390 Gaming X

RAM_Samsung DDR4 16GB x2

VGA_MSI 1060 6GB

SSD_970EVO NVMe 250GB

POWER_Corsair CX550 80Plus Bronze 550W

CPU COOLER_Corsair Hydro H100i Pro

CASE_ABKO Suit Master 720G

My question is this.
1. I will use 9900k without overclocking. Do you really need a liquid cooler?
2. Is the power enough at 550 watts?
3. Advise me on general Hackintosh compatibility and stability.
4. Please tell me anything if there are any parts you need to change or recommend.
+ Compatibility with Pro Tools

I'm sensitive to noise because I'm working on music.
I'm curious about that, too.

Sorry for my bad English.

Thank You.

Hi.
I always get a lot of help from this site.
I'm going to upgrade the system this time.
So I made an estimate, and I hope you can check how it is.

CPU_Intel i9 9900K

MB_GIGABYTE Z390 Gaming X

RAM_Samsung DDR4 16GB x2

VGA_MSI 1060 6GB

SSD_970EVO NVMe 250GB

POWER_Corsair CX550 80Plus Bronze 550W

CPU COOLER_Corsair Hydro H100i Pro

CASE_ABKO Suit Master 720G

My question is this.
1. I will use 9900k without overclocking. Do you really need a liquid cooler?
2. Is the power enough at 550 watts?
3. Advise me on general Hackintosh compatibility and stability.
4. Please tell me anything if there are any parts you need to change or recommend.
+ Compatibility with Pro Tools

I'm sensitive to noise because I'm working on music.
I'm curious about that, too.

Sorry for my bad English.

Thank You.

1. I think you can probably get away with air cooling if you use a high quality air cooler like a NH-D15 or a Dark Rock.
  2. I think 550W is cutting it a little close. It doesn't leave much room for future expansion. Maybe consider a 650W?
  3. I advise you to reconsider the GTX 1060. Nvidia still doesn't have any Mojave drivers for 1000-series cards. Many AMD cards have native macOS support and will save you lots of headaches.
  4. I suggest considering going with a a Z370 motherboard instead of Z390. As of today, Z370 works much better with macOS. Generally speaking, Z390 doesn't really offer any a good Z370 motherboard can't give you.

1. I think you can probably get away with air cooling if you use a high quality air cooler like a NH-D15 or a Dark Rock.
  2. I think 550W is cutting it a little close. It doesn't leave much room for future expansion. Maybe consider a 650W?
  3. I advise you to reconsider the GTX 1060. Nvidia still doesn't have any Mojave drivers for 1000-series cards. Many AMD cards have native macOS support and will save you lots of headaches.
  4. I suggest considering going with a a Z370 motherboard instead of Z390. As of today, Z370 works much better with macOS. Generally speaking, Z390 doesn't really offer any a good Z370 motherboard can't give you.

First, Thank you for your reply.
I have some questions about your opinion.

1. OK. I'll think about it more. There's also a rumor that 9900k is a stove, so I chose liquid.
2. OK. Thank you for your advice.
3. I should to choose the High-Sierra for Pro Tools. And I already have 1060, So it will be hard to change it. But thank you for your advice. I'll refer to it later.
4. Yes. I won't overclocking anyway. Is it a good choice to just choose the z370? z370 won't be enough to use 9900K?
+ If z370 is enough, Is there a model you can recommend?

First, Thank you for your reply.
I have some questions about your opinion.

1. OK. I'll think about it more. There's also a rumor that 9900k is a stove, so I chose liquid.
2. OK. Thank you for your advice.
3. I should to choose the High-Sierra for Pro Tools. And I already have 1060, So it will be hard to change it. But thank you for your advice. I'll refer to it later.
4. Yes. I won't overclocking anyway. Is it a good choice to just choose the z370? z370 won't be enough to use 9900K?
+ If z370 is enough, Is there a model you can recommend?

It's possible to cool an i9-9900K with air cooler. I have my 9900K overclocked to 5GHz and use air cooling. It's possible.

All Z370 motherboards should be compatible with 9900K if you use the latest BIOS. I use Z370 with my 9900K.

It's possible to cool an i9-9900K with air cooler. I have my 9900K overclocked to 5GHz and use air cooling. It's possible.

All Z370 motherboards should be compatible with 9900K if you use the latest BIOS. I use Z370 with my 9900K.

Thank You So Much!
It really helped me a lot.

Merry Christmas.

I have pre sale my new configuration, almost the same to yours with the Core i9-9900K and with a better cooling for all components:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a-64-lg-5k-mojave-10-4-x.267842/#post-1877514

For better performance (Maybe 5 degrees more down), you need to use another thermal compound (do not use the one with the Hydro cooler).

Thermal Compound:
GELID SOLUTIONS Thermal Compound GC-Extreme 10g / High-Performance / for all CPU [TC-GC-03-10G]
https://gelidsolutions.com/thermal-solutions/thermal-compound-gc-extreme-10g/
or other high end Thermal Compound...

why did you choose this case?

Merry Christmas.

Hi, i saw few of your posts regarding the built. I get a
Hi, I've been seeing your comments where you say you have a running z370 + i9 9900k. I've tried everything but nothing seems to work to go past Boot screen. My CPU is i9 9900k and GB z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard. Then I only have Samsung m2 970 1Tb in the middle slot and nothing else. However I get a IONVMeController. My BIOS Version is F13. Thanks for any help.

Hi, i saw few of your posts regarding the built. I get a

Hi, I've been seeing your comments where you say you have a running z370 + i9 9900k. I've tried everything but nothing seems to work to go past Boot screen. My CPU is i9 9900k and GB z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard. Then I only have Samsung m2 970 1Tb in the middle slot and nothing else. However I get a IONVMeController. My BIOS Version is F13. Thanks for any help.

When you say you can't get past the boot screen are you talking about the Gigabyte splash screen? If that's the case, it's probably a hardware issue. You need to be able to get in to BIOS to adjust settings...

If you are talking about the the macOS boot screen, it's a configuration issue.

What do you mean you get a IONVMeController?

When you say you can't get past the boot screen are you talking about the Gigabyte splash screen? If that's the case, it's probably a hardware issue. You need to be able to get in to BIOS to adjust settings...

If you are talking about the the macOS boot screen, it's a configuration issue.

What do you mean you get a IONVMeController?
Thats it, no matter what I do I can not get past this screen. BIOS is set as advised.

Attachments

• 6EBBDEAF-C1B4-4EE3-8951-A5F6EA7A0349.jpeg
    6EBBDEAF-C1B4-4EE3-8951-A5F6EA7A0349.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 218

Thats it, no matter what I do I can not get past this screen. BIOS is set as advised.

Are you using a Samsung 970 EVO Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back