Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> i9-9900k, Asus Maximus XI Hero, Rx580 8Gb Pulse, Random Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same RAM you have, and mine is at 2133 mHz too. You're right: ModMike's guide does not say anything about XMP profiles.I have the AI Overclocker Tuner on auto now; it used to be on XMP I. Maybe the freezes have something to do with that.

There are two settings for XMP one in mobo bios settings and the other in clover. If you use it set it in bios and clover.

@skroutz999, what is your current status with this issue? Did the BIOS update make a difference?

@skroutz999, what is your current status with this issue? Did the BIOS update make a difference?
CaseySJ last 4 days no freezes with xmp disabled and ram running at 2133mhz. I had try that before and I remember I had a freeze after 7-10 days if Im right. Fastboot is the new change also (disabled) with also the new bios update. Im waiting for a few days more... also Im thinking for the Designare 1st to get rid of freezes and 2nd to have native thunderbolt 3 onboard without the need of extra controllers. I want to buy for my work a good DAS system for video editing purposes such as Drobo or maybe G-Raid.

Oh wow, so many people having issues with freezing and crashes...
I was just planning on building a new machine, now I'm concerned
When Apple no longer supporting Nvidia I had hoped AMD GPU would be a piece of cake.
This was the build I was planning.
CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 Black Edition

Motherboard: Asus - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (is Gen 2 safe?)

Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage:

Samsung - 970 Evo 2 TB M.2-2280 SSD (MacOS)

Samsung - 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 SSD (Windows)

Samsung - 860 Evo 4 TB 2.5" SSD (Linux 500GB or 1TB Partition/3TB NTFS Storage)

Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card

Case: Phanteks - ENTHOO Evolov X (Gray) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular

Last edited:
Oh wow, so many people having issues with freezing and crashes...
I was just planning on building a new machine, now I'm concerned
When Apple no longer supporting Nvidia I had hoped AMD GPU would be a piece of cake.
This was the build I was planning.
CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 Black Edition

Motherboard: Asus - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (is Gen 2 safe?)

Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage:

Samsung - 970 Evo 2 TB M.2-2280 SSD (MacOS)

Samsung - 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 SSD (Windows)

Samsung - 860 Evo 4 TB 2.5" SSD (Linux 500GB or 1TB Partition/3TB NTFS Storage)

Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card

Case: Phanteks - ENTHOO Evolov X (Gray) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular
If you're not set on the Asus, you could try the Gigabyte Designare Z390 and get Thunderbolt 3 at the same time.

Hi guys,
This time I think I solved this for real :)
It's a lot to write and make screenshots therefore I will write the whole procedure little later today. Now I'm out of time. But just to let U know that I think I know where is the problem. As usual it's all about the details.

Did you get around to writing up the fix for this at all ? Since your post have you had any issues since? My machine has only recently just started freezing Im pretty sure its Graphics card related.

My Hacjk was running really stable not so long ago and I haven't really changed anything - A while back I swapped out my 1070 (I didn't have a single freeze or issue when I had that) for an RX580 Nitro, It was good for a few months and now all of a sudden its started to freeze and wont wake from sleep on occasion

CaseySJ off-ttopic question..
Im interested in 2 products which are both DAS mainly for video editing. 1st is Lacie 6Big 12TB and 2nd is G-Raid Shuttle 16TB. Both are expensive (around 1500€) and Im considering one of these combined with Designare Z390. Is it 100% sure that they will work w/o issues with hackintosh and the specific motherboard? Im trying to find hackintoshers who are working with these DAS systems w/o luck. This is something that I have to invest for my video editing work and to tell you the truth Im a little afraid to pull the plug in case I have compatibility issues. Can you share please your opinion?

CaseySJ off-ttopic question..
Im interested in 2 products which are both DAS mainly for video editing. 1st is Lacie 6Big 12TB and 2nd is G-Raid Shuttle 16TB. Both are expensive (around 1500€) and Im considering one of these combined with Designare Z390. Is it 100% sure that they will work w/o issues with hackintosh and the specific motherboard? Im trying to find hackintoshers who are working with these DAS systems w/o luck. This is something that I have to invest for my video editing work and to tell you the truth Im a little afraid to pull the plug in case I have compatibility issues. Can you share please your opinion?
Well, judging by this list and especially the two items in red, I think you have little to worry about! Some users see their externally mounted drives as "internal" in MacOS, but this does not seem to have any adverse effect. They can still unmount and hot-swap.

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 2.45.22 PM.png

The list gets updated from time to time. Latest version is located here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back