Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> i9-9900k, Asus Maximus XI Hero, Rx580 8Gb Pulse, Random Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I was never able to solve my crashes, while I do not have I9, I tried I3 8350k, I5 8600k, 8700k, I used Gigabyte z370 HD3/z370 Gaming 5, and a Asus z370 -F, I tried various memories, various video cards RX 560, Vega 64, Vega 56, Various PSU 650, 750, 1000, Different cases, including bench testing. I even bought a 1080 Founders and I believe that it crashes also. The best stability I was able to achieve was 4 days without a reboot, I have since bought a Mac Mini with a eGPU for my use, and gave the hack to my Girl who normally shuts her computer down after use has not seen a crash. Her build is very close to:

Pastry has updated his CPU to 9900k but started with 8700k
Pastry has: asus-rog-strix-z370-g I have asus-rog-strix-z370-F

But for what ever reason it is not stable past 4 days.

I noticed today that headkaze updated hacktool to add the proper DSDT renames to your Config maybe
Hi scottkendall, are you sure that with a GTX 1080 you had freezes also? m8 you changed almost everything... and no success? I just had a freeze again with my new PSU, also! What's next..! Something we missed here by all of us! I have seen many people with same builds and success stories.

I have update the 1st post including all settings I'm using (kexts, Clover, BIOS, benchmarks, etc.).

Last edited:
Hi scottkendall, are you sure that with a gtx 1080 you had freezes also? m8 you changed almost everything... and no success? I just had a freeze again with my new psu also! what's next..! Something we miss here all of us! I have seen many people with same builds and success stories.

Not 100% on the 1080 but like 90% sure. No Nvidia GTX 1080 support under Mojave, though. I use a modified version of @pastrychef's EFI, but I have also used an unmodified one. I have even tried a clone drive from a real Mac. My only real solution was rebooting everyday.

Not 100% on the 1080 but like 90% sure. No Nvidia GTX 1080 support under Mojave, though. I use a modified version of @pastrychef 's EFI, but I have also used an unmodified one. I have even tried a clone drive from a real Mac. My only real solution was rebooting everyday.
Hmmm I will put the GTX 1050 back for another 10 days to confirm for sure.

Cito did the solution you found worked? I'm waiting news from you.. :)

Last edited:
I have almost the same system as you do, EXCEPT I have a Intel i7-8700K. I don't know how important that difference is, but my system has been running stable as a rock since I finished my installation. I have the same motherboard, RX580 Graphic card and a 16GB of memory. I'm using one screen and have not tested my system with other screens connected.

If your interested I can share my setup files, (BIOS settings, Clover and a little bit more info ). It's now few months since I did my setup so its already becoming a little bit foggy, but I do have the files if you like to compare it with yours.

I have almost the same system as you do, EXCEPT I have a Intel i7-8700K. I don't know how important that difference is, but my system has been running stable as a rock since I finished my installation. I have the same motherboard, RX580 Graphic card and a 16GB of memory. I'm using one screen and have not tested my system with other screens connected.

If your interested I can share my setup files, (BIOS settings, Clover and a little bit more info ). It's now few months since I did my setup so its already becoming a little bit foggy, but I do have the files if you like to compare it with yours.
Hi aage, thank you very much for coming inside this thread and trying to help all of us who are trapped with these unexplainable random freezes!
Yes ofc I would like to see and test your settings! Also in my 1st post there are all of my settings including clover, bios screenshots and also a custom ssdt in case you don't have make yours yet. Finally is your gpu the same as mine Sapphire Pulse edition?

P.S. Can you share what is your cpu cooler? I found a crazy thread that someone had freezes cause of his aio liquid cooler.. that's why Im asking.

Sorry I´have been away working for a while.

Here is my EFI file along with some notes I did when installing.

My computer has been working great since I did the installation. Using it every day without a hickup.

Attachments

• Hackintosh Mojave Asus Maximus XI BIOS Settings.pdf
    54.7 KB · Views: 606
  • Installing Hackintosh Mojave on Asus Maximus Hero XI.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,003
  • EFI.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 133
I I think my cooler is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Bought it in H&H in NY.

At the beginning I did buy a Sapphire Pulse edition card. I could not use it , endless trouble and ended up returning it to the seller.

Then I bought a Gigabyte Aorus RX580 8gb , bought it used from a miner. It worked flawless in everything I did. Bougth another one the same from the same guy, TROUBLE, black screen at the start of the boot process, could not even get into the bios.

Ended up on doing a copy of the BIOS from the Good card and Flashed it to the bad card and now it works fine. Its very strange because its the very same card, same firmware and everything the same as I could tell inspecting it side by side in the ATIFLASH utility.

I think I have the good bios saved in my computer somewhere if you would like to try . But you need to do it in a Windows computer.

sorry for writing I use a translator because I'm Italian
I have the same problem, it has more than 2 months that my compiuter restarts and is not stable
My Components:
-Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
-CPU intel i9 9900k
-Samsung MZ-V6E1T0BW SSD 960 EVO, 1TB, M.2, NVMe
-SAPPHIRE Nitro + Radeon RX Vega 64 8 GB
-Corsair Vengeance LPX Memories (4 X 8 GB), DDR4, 3200 MHz, C16 XMP total 32
-Abwb 802.11AC Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 4.0 PCI Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS for Hackintosh (Mac -Cooler Master CM 690 III Green PC Case 'ATX, microATX, USB 3.0, with Side Window' CMS-693-GWN1
-Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite ML240L RGB, Water cooling with Dual Chamber Pump MLW-D24M-A20PC-R1
-Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB Power Supply 850 W, Modular 80+ Bronze, Black
Mojave operating system 10.14.3
Bios iMec18.3
Please help me

I I think my cooler is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Bought it in H&H in NY.

At the beginning I did buy a Sapphire Pulse edition card. I could not use it , endless trouble and ended up returning it to the seller.

Then I bought a Gigabyte Aorus RX580 8gb , bought it used from a miner. It worked flawless in everything I did. Bougth another one the same from the same guy, TROUBLE, black screen at the start of the boot process, could not even get into the bios.

Ended up on doing a copy of the BIOS from the Good card and Flashed it to the bad card and now it works fine. Its very strange because its the very same card, same firmware and everything the same as I could tell inspecting it side by side in the ATIFLASH utility.

I think I have the good bios saved in my computer somewhere if you would like to try . But you need to do it in a Windows computer.
I was lucky yesterday, a friend of mine brought his pc to fix it and it has the Aorus Rx580 8Gb. I put already the card to my system and will test it for 10 days to see if any random freezes will show up again! From the first sight the card is slightly slower than Sapphire and the temps are higher also. I hope it solves my issues with freezes and I have no problem at all to switch to Aorus. aage can you explain which problems exactly you had with Sapphire version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back