Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> i9-9900k, Asus Maximus XI Hero, Rx580 8Gb Pulse, Random Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi s01861218, Im sorry to hear that you have the same issues also! I hope and wish from this thread we will make a good team and find the solution to our freeze issues! That's our goal!! Im not giving up cause I dont want to go back to windows never again and Im not willing to pay 6000€ to buy an iMac Pro equivalent to my system which costs 2000€. Let's fight together!

I have same problem my machine is Asrock Z390 extreme4 - 9900K , 16GB DDR4 - 4133mhz.. saphhire RX560 4GB.
SO right now I'm more stable with down RAM to 3900mhz / downclock to 4.9 more Volt /SMBIOS ImacPro 1.1 / HD630 - enable and setup.
but again again is crashing rear but fact. actually is not crashing after I enable HD630 but there is only 2 days a go.
try to enable it your iGPU and will see result.

Hi Cito, I believe that you may have discovered here something big! This may be the reason that when I tried a gtx 1050 from a friend of mine, I didn't have any freezes at all (fans in this gpu never stop)! I was always hating amd gpus and now they revenge me back for that hatred! :)
Tomorrow Im doing another one big change to my system and that is my PSU. I have Ocz Z series 1000w Gold already and Im using it continuously for the last 7 years. Tomorrow Im getting a Corsair Rm850x 2018 version Gold class. I thought so many times that all of this it may be related to voltage also. I have found in this forum builds with the same cpus and boards w/o any issues at all. So Im pulling the plug for a new Corsair PSU and soon I will let you know how things are going! Im already afraid that I may be getting freezes again and already that has become a nightmare that Im expecting everytime I do a change..! Im willing to take it to the other side until my system is stable and my mind rests at the end!

Last edited:
My ram on XMP is 4133mhz .. I'm downclock XMP.
Hey glofter1, I tried this also downclocking my ram from 3200 to 2133mhz. The system at first days was doing greatly but the freezes came back. Im not sure but I think that with ram at stock speeds (2133) I had less freezes back then!
I hope it works for you and please let us know how it went.. :)

Last edited:
Hi guys,
This time I think I solved this for real :)
It's a lot to write and make screenshots therefore I will write the whole procedure little later today. Now I'm out of time. But just to let U know that I think I know where is the problem. As usual it's all about the details.

my system are not crashing 4 days. Just enable IGPU HD630 and Radeon

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 21.07.00.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 21.07.00.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 21.07.06.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 21.07.06.png
    163.3 KB · Views: 170
Hi glofter1, I have already enabled hd630 and Radeon since the beginning so I can have HEVC support and fast renderings in fcpx. Random freezes are not related on these settings. I wish you never have a freeze again! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 23.01.43.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 23.01.43.png
    255.1 KB · Views: 75
A few hours ago I put on my new psu Corsair Rm850x. Im also sure its something related with the rx580 and the voltage as Cito said before. As I said in the 1st post with nvidia gpu tested for 10 days all day running, the machine didn't have any freezes. I will let you know all of you how it goes with the new psu...

Last edited:
A few hours ago I put on my new psu Corsair Rm850x. Im also sure its something related with the rx580 and the voltage as Cito said before. As I said in the 1st post with nvidia gpu tested for 10 days all day running, the machine didn't have any freezes. I will let you know all of you how it goes with the new psu...

Hey guys,

I was never able to solve my crashes, while I do not have I9, I tried I3 8350k, I5 8600k, 8700k, I used Gigabyte z370 HD3/z370 Gaming 5, and a Asus z370 -F, I tried various memories, various video cards RX 560, Vega 64, Vega 56, Various PSU 650, 750, 1000, Different cases, including bench testing. I even bought a 1080 Founders and I believe that it crashes also. The best stability I was able to achieve was 4 days without a reboot, I have since bought a Mac Mini with a eGPU for my use, and gave the hack to my Girl who normally shuts her computer down after use has not seen a crash. Her build is very close to:

Pastry has updated his CPU to 9900k but started with 8700k
Pastry has: asus-rog-strix-z370-g I have asus-rog-strix-z370-F

But for what ever reason it is not stable past 4 days.

I noticed today that headkaze updated hacktool to add the proper DSDT renames to your Config maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back