Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> i9-9900k, Asus Maximus XI Hero, Rx580 8Gb Pulse, Random Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they make memory that just runs at the speed you want without an XMP profile?
As far as I know I don't think so... except if you manually overclock the ram by yourself.

Critical Question: Do I have to make a fresh install with Designare CaseySJ? I know its the best way but I have so many apps and effects/transition libraries to install again. I was hoping just to put the Designare's EFI clover to my EFI and just keep my serial and customUUID.
We've had mixed results with this approach, but you're welcome to try it. It's strongly recommended to make a full system backup first, preferably a bootable backup (must mount and copy EFI partition as well). If it fails you can do a fresh install and then use Migration Assistant to bring apps and data over to the new machine.

Big Discovery today for me. At midnight the weather was bad with thunders and lot of rain. 1 hour ago I opened up my system and it wasn't booting in macos. It booted twice but after a few min system was crashing and rebooting. While this was happening one after the other I thought that it may be good time now the system is unstable to enter to win from my 3rd ssd. Windows was also crashing with blue screens. I disconnected all 4 drives and left only the m.2 which has macos. After the 3rd time I made it to boot into macos and now Im writing the news.

XMP is still disabled. Something cause these freezes and from a pov I feel better that the same thing happened to windows today. That comes to a conclusion that is a hardware issue. I can't verify what is causing it but I feel that it may be related to the tower's pcb (Bequiet Dark Base Pro 900) which controls all the fans and 2 led lights. This has happened before sometimes when I wake up at the morning and have multiple freezes. After a while the system gets stable.

UPDATE: I have disconnectd everything (tower's pcb, every usb device, all ssds, hdds except m.2) and still crashes one after the other. Im now trying with ram modules one by one.

Attachments

• 57113094_365221134083986_1858717448908308480_n.jpg
    57113094_365221134083986_1858717448908308480_n.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 57578678_2159834344109925_4053472477630693376_n.jpg
    57578678_2159834344109925_4053472477630693376_n.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Big Discovery today for me. At midnight the weather was bad with thunders and lot of rain. 1 hour ago I opened up my system and it wasn't booting in macos. It booted twice but after a few min system was crashing and rebooting. While this was happening one after the other I thought that it may be good time now the system is unstable to enter to win from my 3rd ssd. Windows was also crashing with blue screens. I disconnected all 4 drives and left only the m.2 which has macos. After the 3rd time I made it to boot into macos and now Im writing the news.

XMP is still disabled. Something cause these freezes and from a pov I feel better that the same thing happened to windows today. That comes to a conclusion that is a hardware issue. I can't verify what is causing it but I feel that it may be related to the tower's pcb (Bequiet Dark Base Pro 900) which controls all the fans and 2 led lights. This has happened before sometimes when I wake up at the morning and have multiple freezes. After a while the system gets stable.

UPDATE: I have disconnectd everything (tower's pcb, every usb device, all ssds, hdds except m.2) and still crashes one after the other. Im now trying with ram modules one by one.
the same problem is for me. After so many causal blocks the PC becomes stable. Sorry for my language, I'm Italian I use a translator, I hope we can find the problem

Im from Greece Leonardo27, we are neighbours.
I tried also ram modules one by one and still the machine was crashing. Then I cleared cmos, put bios settings again and now it booted fine. For a moment I thought I was close to find the issue.

Im from Greece Leonardo27, we are neighbours.
I tried also ram modules one by one and still the machine was crashing. Then I cleared cmos, put bios settings again and now it booted fine. For a moment I thought I was close to find the issue.

I'm so sorry for your problems, i hope with the new hardware to find the solution.
Also i am from Greece :)

I'm so sorry for your problems, i hope with the new hardware to find the solution.
Also i am from Greece :)
Yes I can tell by the name :)
I waiting for the Designare next week and new Ram and will do a fresh install to see how it goes.

In the meantime until I get the items, I sold xi hero and ram and Im using from a friend a borrowed prime z370-a and 16gb corsair 2400mhz for 4-5 days to be able to work and test also the machine. Im booting from usb flash drive which made from CaseySJ's guide. So I have a 3rd mobo and new ram to test for a few days and report. I have disabled the 2 additional ssds and the tower's pcb fan and led controller. All fans are connected on the motherboard.

UPDATE 26/4: The system is working w/o freezes last 5 days (12-14 hours per day w xmp enabled) and Its very stable. Beacuse of Easter, delays are very often and I haven't receive yet Designare and new Ram.

Last edited:
In the meantime until I get the items, I sold xi hero and ram and Im using from a friend a borrowed prime z370-a and 16gb corsair 2400mhz for 4-5 days to be able to work and test also the machine. Im booting from usb flash drive which made from CaseySJ's guide. So I have a 3rd mobo and new ram to test for a few days and report. I have disabled the 2 additional ssds and the tower's pcb fan and led controller. All fans are connected on the motherboard.

UPDATE 26/4: The system is working w/o freezes last 5 days (12-14 hours per day w xmp enabled) and Its very stable. Beacuse of Easter, delays are very often and I haven't receive yet Designare and new Ram.

What Video Card are you using in the stable rig? Currently the Hack I have is up to 7 days, this is new Territory for me normally 4/5 days was max. I made a few changes on the last reboot, so I am not 100% sure what is making it stable for 7 days vs 4/5 days. But I removed XMP and manually clocked the memory, and I changed SM from 9,2 --> 19,1"with specula build." When I left the memory on Auto and it was clocked at 2133 or what ever was the most stability before this. When I turned XMP back on it crashed in like 3 days with a GPU restart. So I turned it off and stability is up to 7 days. Previously I had a Vega now I have a 580 and I am running it with IGPU off and a Dummy Kext and Novpa as @shuhung suggested. Since I do not work with FCPX not sure if it is broken or not. Hopefully when you get you new board everything will be great. After everything I have done I do not think once I ever considered clocking the memory manually. This may be the solution at least in my case. Since unlike you I did not sell off all the extra stuff I will try to put another hack together in the next few days and see what goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back