Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> i9-9900k, Asus Maximus XI Hero, Rx580 8Gb Pulse, Random Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we mark this thread “Solved”?
CaseySJ give me a few days more, at Sunday which I will be counting 9 days w/o freezes, I would like to enable xmp and see if they will show up again (I think they will, I hope not).

What helped you? What did you do?
Updated to latest bios, disabled fastboot and also xmp (ram is running at 2133 instead of 3200). I don't have freezes for almost 9 days now. Im sure its the xmp... Im finishing a project for a client and tomorrow I will enable xmp again and see how it goes. I will update very soon...

P.S. I wonder if with xmp freezes will show up again... then that means that my ram cannot handle xmp profiles at macos and that was my issue from the 1st time I built this system (6 months ago)? and why I didn't have any freezes while at win... lucky..?

Updated to latest bios, disabled fastboot and also xmp (ram is running at 2133 instead of 3200). I don't have freezes for almost 9 days now. Im sure its the xmp... Im finishing a project for a client and tomorrow I will enable xmp again and see how it goes. I will update very soon...

P.S. I wonder if with xmp freezes will show up again... then that means that my ram cannot handle xmp profiles at macos and that was my issue from the 1st time I built this system (6 months ago)? and why I didn't have any freezes while at win... lucky..?

no idea why you did not have them for 6 months, I have had freezes from like day one not sure why XMP was disabled but it was disabled the other day and the system ran 7 days then crashed so I turned it back on(longest uptime for me yet).

I took out the Vega popped in RX580 changed my SM to 19,2 turned off the IGPU and put that dummy kext in that was used to run 580 on iMac Pro.. This gives me hardware encoding/decoding and iTunes DRM. counter starting today...

CaseySJ give me a few days more, at Sunday which I will be counting 9 days w/o freezes, I would like to enable xmp and see if they will show up again (I think they will, I hope not).
No rush. Since you're the thread starter, you can mark it Solved at your discretion.

Im on xmp I profile at 3200mhz and begin counting. What I have discovered is when I had freezes before, console was giving me errors "gpu overrides". Now I dont get any errors from console considering gpu. Time will tell soon...

UPDATE: I just had a freeze! Going back with xmp disabled. Damn it...

Last edited:
CaseySJ I have ordered Gigabyte Designare Z390 and the same ram of yours G.skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR. I will have them in 10 days. I wish, I hope it will be the last time Im spending money and and so much effort to make my system work without issues. So far 3 GPUs, 2 PSUs, 2 Motherboards. With this move Im going for the 3rd motherboard and for the first time Im changing also my Ram. I confirmed also that this Ram is compatible with Designare's QVL. I will follow your guide when I will have them in my hands.

CaseySJ I have ordered Gigabyte Designare Z390 and the same ram of yours G.skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR. I will have them in 10 days. I wish, I hope it will be the last time Im spending money and and so much effort to make my system work without issues. So far 3 GPUs, 2 PSUs, 2 Motherboards. With this move Im going for the 3rd motherboard and for the first time Im changing also my Ram. I confirmed also that this Ram is compatible with Designare's QVL.

did you have the XMP profile set in clover?

Im on xmp I profile at 3200mhz and begin counting. What I have discovered is when I had freezes before, console was giving me errors "gpu overrides". Now I dont get any errors from console considering gpu. Time will tell soon...

UPDATE: I just had a freeze! Going back with xmp disabled. Damn it...

Maybe this is part of it though I did end up with a crash after like 7 days with XMP disabled.

did you have the XMP profile set in clover?

Maybe this is part of it though I did end up with a crash after like 7 days with XMP disabled.
Yes at XMP I same as bios.

No matter what I just pull the plug for Designare and new Ram. Selling and buying last 6 months and everytime is difficult to spend money again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back