Contribute
Register

I9 9900 KS anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having trouble with my 9900KS getting memory allocation boot errors. Any special drivers used?

Prob not the CPU more likely the board you are using Add the 9900ks system to your profile and make a thread under what ever OS you are trying to make run on it.

Good idea.
Meanwhile I found out that the error goes away and the 9600KS boots up only if internal graphics are disabled in BIOS.

Good idea.
Meanwhile I found out that the error goes away and the 9600KS boots up only if internal graphics are disabled in BIOS.

That is because the require memory allocation went down when you removed the IGPU from having to load. Kind of like when my MSI system has a wifi card installed. But still you should update your profile to the system you are seeking help with like the forum rules require and make a post in a help threat not a buying advice thread.

Works 100% now. Worth checking for BIOS updates specifically for this processor.

Have you got CPU temps monitoring to work? I have 9900ks as well

Have you got CPU temps monitoring to work? I have 9900ks as well

I have the Gigabyte Z390 Designare + 9900KS. Everything works using Clover and OpenCore. I got my temps using VirtualSMC.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext. Then I just install iStats Menu. I am able to see all CPU temps. No GPU/Case temps tho.

I have the Gigabyte Z390 Designare + 9900KS. Everything works using Clover and OpenCore. I got my temps using VirtualSMC.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext. Then I just install iStats Menu. I am able to see all CPU temps. No GPU/Case temps tho.

Nice, what cooler and GPU are you using with the Z390 Designare & 9900ks?

Nice, what cooler and GPU are you using with the Z390 Designare & 9900ks?

I used a Noctua NH D-15S and it worked OK, keeping the idle temp around 30C and 80-85C under extreme load like Cinebench R20.
Then I switched to the Corsair H150i Pro cuz I was able to get it cheap from a friend. Idle temp is now around 25-30C and 75-80C under extreme load. Overall it performs similar to Noctua but it's A LOT quieter under load.

I used a Noctua NH D-15S and it worked OK, keeping the idle temp around 30C and 80-85C under extreme load like Cinebench R20.
Then I switched to the Corsair H150i Pro cuz I was able to get it cheap from a friend. Idle temp is now around 25-30C and 75-80C under extreme load. Overall it performs similar to Noctua but it's A LOT quieter under load.

Okay great thanks. Sounds like a great setup. What GPU are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back