Contribute
Register

i9-10900K Build Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello sure of course, you have to add some device properties for device id and id layout, 2 kexts from FakePCIID and you are ready, I will attach a file with the device properties and the kexts you need... don´t forge to use the lastest lilu and applealc...

Oh yeah and thanks you soo much!
I figured it out a week ago, but it was your suggestion on another post that lead me to it.

BTW, this Asrock Z490m Pro4 has been a beauty with OpenCore. Everything working, just waiting for the Fenvi card to post my build.

So it is confirmed that iMac is coming with Intel chips along with other Macs with Intel chips for 2 more years, and ARM based Mac will be introduced at the end of this year

Hello sure of course, you have to add some device properties for device id and id layout, 2 kexts from FakePCIID and you are ready, I will attach a file with the device properties and the kexts you need... don´t forge to use the lastest lilu and applealc...

Thank you! I made an account just to say that. This worked for me beautifully. Spent a few days on this. You saved some grey hairs!

One question, how were you able to find the correct device-id to use?

One question, how were you able to find the correct device-id to use?

Well testing sadly, it took me some time to be honest, but in AppleALC supported codecs you can find some information about the ids, I had to test some but yeah testing.

By the way it is really hard to find processors right now, my 10900K was cancelled, and I bought a 10700K, and the second resellers market is just super toxic!!!! But right now I could finish my almost final set up,

Core i7 10700K @ 5,3GHz
AIO Corsair Hydrio 150
Motherboard Asus Z490 TUF Plus
1 DIMM 32GB RAM DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance CAS 16
1 NVMe Sabrent 1TB (3,5GB/s read - 3GB/s write)
and my super power Radeon VII 16GB

Hope the Core i9-10900K is available soon, I really want to test that processor but for now this will be my main machine....

Well testing sadly, it took me some time to be honest, but in AppleALC supported codecs you can find some information about the ids, I had to test some but yeah testing.

By the way it is really hard to find processors right now, my 10900K was cancelled, and I bought a 10700K, and the second resellers market is just super toxic!!!! But right now I could finish my almost final set up,

Core i7 10700K @ 5,3GHz
AIO Corsair Hydrio 150
Motherboard Asus Z490 TUF Plus
1 DIMM 32GB RAM DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance CAS 16
1 NVMe Sabrent 1TB (3,5GB/s read - 3GB/s write)

Hope the Core i9-10900K is available soon, I really want to test that processor but for now this will be my main machine....
Oh man then I really have to thank you for posting. You've saved me hours of time then!

Yeah, I hear you. The i7-10700K moves between "sold-out" and "available" almost by the hour. I went with the 10700K, and I had to hunt between Newegg and BestBuy. Amazon is super inflated and don't even try Ebay lol. If you're near a Microcenter, you may have some luck there. (I'm not unfortunately.)

Also, how is AIO cooling worked for you? I just have a budget tower air cooler and was thinking about AIO. But I'm worried about it failing and taking my parts for a swim.

Core i7 10700K @ 5,3Ghz
AIO Corsair Hydrio 150
Motherboard Asus Z490 Tuf Plus
1 Dimm 32GB Ram DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance Cas 16
1 NVME Sabrent 1TB (3,5GB/s read - 3GB/s write)

sounds good and similar to what I am wishing to do

Any benchmark results ?
Is that a custom overclock or automated ?

sounds good and similar to what I am wishing to do

Any benchmark results ?
Is that a custom overclock or automated ?

The overclock is custom, but I had to set up the clocks a bit lower, to 5.1GHz because I started to had overheating and thermal throttling at 5.3GHz, the chips are really hot!!! But the results are good at that my new clock speeds and the temps, too, 79 degrees vs 92/95 at 5,3Ghz, It performs 2/3% more than a Core i9 9900K at the same clock speeds, I think it is a rebranded 9900K in my opinion. To be honest I am waiting for the 10900K but anyway I am happy the performance is good and stable...

The overclock is custom, but I had to set up the clocks a bit lower, to 5.1GHz because I started to had overheating and thermal throttling at 5.3GHz, the chips are really hot!!! But the results are good at that my new clock speeds and the temps, too, 79 degrees vs 92/95 at 5,3Ghz, It performs 2/3% more than a Core i9 9900K at the same clock speeds, I think it is a rebranded 9900K in my opinion. To be honest I am waiting for the 10900K but anyway I am happy the performance is good and stable...
Aren’t these levels normal for modern Intel chips? I mean 5 GHz is a lot of cycles to process thru. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back