Contribute
Register

Asus ProArt Z490 Creator Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone of you tried the OG Apple Thunderbolt display on the Asus ProArt with Windows ? I really want to use my display again, I'm looking forward to this board.

it works on the board you have if you change out the Thunderbolt firmware.

Oh wait, I could flash my z390 designare as well. Awesome. Thank you.

Yea but not a flash from the vendor you need a hardware flasher and a modified firmware from:

Hey @Stork, @dukekaboom and @wwanxh, ASUS replied back to me and told me that this ProArt Z490 Creator motherboard model didn't design CFG Lock on BIOS. I think it's no problem because ASUS didn't say that this model have this function. So what do you think guys? Everything so far confirms that the CFG is not locked on this motherboard, is not it? :headbang:

Hey @Stork, @dukekaboom and @wwanxh, ASUS replied back to me and told me that this ProArt Z490 Creator motherboard model didn't design CFG Lock on BIOS. I think it's no problem because ASUS didn't say that this model have this function. So what do you think guys? Everything so far confirms that the CFG is not locked on this motherboard, is not it? :headbang:

indeed, it is unlocked, so we don’t need to worry about this anymore. Haha. but this is my first time to build a Hackintosh, I still cannot get it working. It is just stuck at Apple logo boot screen.

Z490 B460 chipset working but only working USB 2.0 ports.
USB 3.0(device id a3af) not working.
You must use OpenCore boot loader.

Got another update about Asus motherboards:
"There is quite an amount of issues in Z490 firmwares. For example, on the ASUS board we had Multi-Monitor functionality was broken, XMP made the system unbootable, and XHCI SSDT violated ACPI specification at its best. "

Got another update about Asus motherboards:
"There is quite an amount of issues in Z490 firmwares. For example, on the ASUS board we had Multi-Monitor functionality was broken, XMP made the system unbootable, and XHCI SSDT violated ACPI specification at its best. "
Where did you find this? Link, please.

I ask because this guy made it work, I believe.

Hey @Stork, this is latest update from OpenCore people; not on this forum. Can't provide you specific link as the info was shared in comments on couple of posts on another platform. I have shared some specific info related to ASUS motherboard. It is still early days for support and until iMac is out finally with iMac; we can't have anything vanilla. Most of the builds so far have lots of hacks into them.

Yeah dual monitor or iGpu on Asus motherboards not working; I saw many having same issue everywhere. And some are using lots of hacks and kexts to make it work. Can you please PM me because I am not sure if talking about other platform is approved or not. I will be able to provide you with everything you need in private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back