Contribute
Register

Asus ProArt Z490 Creator Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having much luck so far with the ProArt Creator 490 with either method. Will post more when I have time. Have to install Windows for now to get some project work done.
Couple of people have already done it with ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator motherboard using OpenCore.

Couple of people have already done it with ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator motherboard using OpenCore.
Please provide the thread links. Like @dukekaboom, I'm having a problems, too.

Please provide the thread links. Like @dukekaboom, I'm having a problems, too.

Hey @Stork, I mentioned the name of the platform in my last message and it seems my message got edited by a moderator. I think sharing or talking about other platform is not allowed here? Is sharing the link or mention about other thread in message allowed? I tried to just message you and could not do as showing alert about spamming while there was no link.

That guy seems to have Docker issue, other than that everything worked. The ASUS ProArt Z490 creator mobo is CFG unlocked and Gigabyte Z490 Vision D has CFG locked but Vision D did not have any issue; literally everything works from thunderbolt to sound with Catalina 15.5. But ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator is having issue and lots of people are having hard time to hackintosh it. That guy bought Z490 Vision G and tested and everything worked on that mobo as well.

Also, another discovery, you can either use 10GbE or TB3 but not both at the same time on ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator motherboard!! What the heck!!!

Last edited:
Hey @Stork, I mentioned the name of the platform in my last message and it seems my message got edited by a moderator. I think sharing or talking about other platform is not allowed here? Is sharing the link or mention about other thread in message allowed? I tried to just message you and could not do as showing alert about spamming while there was no link.

That guy seems to have Docker issue, other than that everything worked. The ASUS ProArt Z490 creator mobo is CFG unlocked and Gigabyte Z490 Vision D has CFG locked but Vision D did not have any issue; literally everything works from thunderbolt to sound with Catalina 15.5. But ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator is having issue and lots of people are having hard time to hackintosh it. That guy bought Z490 Vision G and tested and everything worked on that mobo as well.

Also, another discovery, you can either use 10GbE or TB3 but not both at the same time on ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator motherboard!! What the heck!!!

Hey, sorry for late response. I have been super busy recently. For the TB3 and 10GBE, do you mean that both cannot work concurrently in Hackintosh? From my experience, I have been using my ProArt Z490 + i9 10900K build for almost four weeks now. Since I wasn’t able to install the Hackintosh, I used it only for Windows gaming. But my experience is that, both can work concurrently as long as you don’t plug your 10GBE on PCIe 3, because PCIe 3 shares the PCIe lanes with Thunderbolt 3 controller. I put the 10GBE on PCIE 2, and it just works fine.

For the success Hackintosh build you mention, could you please also send me the link? I will try it on my desktop as soon as possible, and give your guys a report about what works and not works.

Hey, sorry for late response. I have been super busy recently. For the tb3 and 10GBE, do you mean that both cannot work concurrently in Hackintosh? From my experience, I have been using my proart Z490 + i9 10900K build for almost four weeks now, since I wasn’t able to install the Hackintosh, I used it only for windows gaming, but my experience is that, both can work concurrently as long as you don’t plug you 10GBE on PCIE 3, bcuz PCIE 3 shares the PCIE lanes with thunderbolt 3 controller. I put the 10GBE on PCIE 2, and it just works fine.

for the success Hackintosh build you mention, could you please also send me the link? I will try it on my desktop as soon as possible, and give your guys a report about what works and not works.

Hey @wwanxh, that guy had docker issue and he got frustrated and bought Gigabyte Vision G board and switched the hackintosh build there and everything is working on that board. He is now using the ProArt for Windows only. It seems we will have to wait till the release of iMac to have the fully operating installation and support :crazy:

I pretty much figured the ProArt was going to be bleeding edge in terms of support right now. Oh well, I am up and running on Windows10 for now and the system screams, so I know I'll be in good shape when there is better hack support for the 10th gen stuff.

I pretty much figured the ProArt was going to be bleeding edge in terms of support right now. Oh well, I am up and running on Windows10 for now and the system screams, so I know I'll be in good shape when there is better hack support for the 10th gen stuff.

Yeah me too, I am also shocked that people have got the Catalina running on couple of ASUS motherboards along with Gigabyte ones perfectly but not on ProArt Z490 yet!! I had so much high hopes for this motherboard; I am literally hurt :banghead:

Hey @Stork, I have asked someone else who is making a build with Asus ProArt Z490 Creator motherboard and he couldn't find them from the BIOS but it looks like default is disabled. 0x5A431 Suppress If {0A 82} 0x5A433 64 Bit Unsigned Int: 0x0 {45 8A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00} 0x5A43D 64 Bit Unsigned Int: 0x0 {45 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00} 0x5A447 Equal {2F 02} 0x5A449 End {29 02} 0x5A44B One Of: CFG Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x3E, VarStore: 0x11, QuestionId: 0x25B, Size: 1, Min: 0x0, Max 0x1, Step: 0x0 {05 91 63 04 64 04 5B 02 11 00 3E 00 10 10 00 01 00} 0x5A45C One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 (default) {09 07 04 00 30 00 00} 0x5A463 One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 {09 07 03 00 00 00 01} 0x5A46A End One Of {29 02} 0x5A46C End If {29 02}

Also got half answer from ASUS and asked them to clarify more as they shared Z490 STRIX GAMING F user manual instead of ProArt Z490 Creator -_-

I used the Brumbaers CFG Unlock tool, and confirmed that the CFG is unlocked in this mobo.

I used the Brumbaers CFG Unlock tool, and confirmed that the CFG is unlocked in this mobo.
Awesome! I have asked ASUS and the are still finding out

I think for hackintoshing on ProArt, we will have to wait till iMac is out. I will wait till Big Sur is officially released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back