Contribute
Register

i7 Video Editing Workstation (My first Hackintosh!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone! I've decided to brave the Hackintosh waters, and I'd love some feedback on my build's parts list! I work heavily in After Effects, Premier and AVID MC, and also work woth ray traced 3D, so I need a computer that can keep up!

So, my thoughts on parts are:

- Intel Core i7-4790K
- GeForce GTX Titan Black
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
- G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series (32GB)

- Samsung 850 EVO
- WD Caviar Green 3TB
- Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum
- NZXT Kraken X61
- H440 (Black/Red)

I'm a total newbie at computer building, and I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!
Thank you! :)

Hello everyone! I've decided to brave the Hackintosh waters, and I'd love some feedback on my build's parts list! I work heavily in After Effects, Premier and AVID MC, and also work woth ray traced 3D, so I need a computer that can keep up!

So, my thoughts on parts are:

- Intel Core i7-4790K
- GeForce GTX Titan Black
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
- G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series (32GB)

- Samsung 850 EVO
- WD Caviar Green 3TB
- Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum
- NZXT Kraken X61
- H440 (Black/Red)

I'm a total newbie at computer building, and I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!
Thank you! :)

That GPU maybe an issue. Is it on the approved list?

No it isn't... I know others have been successful with it, but it's probably naive to think based on that alone it will work... Any recommendations for alternatives? :)

GTX980 work with the nVidia drivers.

GTX980 work with the nVidia drivers.

Yes, it is very naive to think that. It is always best to stick with recommended hardware when doing your first build.

If your serious about making a work station machine it maybe be better to cut out some of that high end hardware for a proper RAID set-up. Of course this depends on what formats your working with.

Yes, it is very naive to think that. It is always best to stick with recommended hardware when doing your first build.

If your serious about making a work station machine it maybe be better to cut out some of that high end hardware for a proper RAID set-up. Of course this depends on what formats your working with.
You haven't been following the GTX978/980 Are here thread.
I am running Yosemite 10.10.1 with the nVidia and CUDA drivers and it is working well on my X99 build.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/141637-gtx-970-gtx-980-here-29.html

You haven't been following the GTX978/980 Are here thread.
I am running Yosemite 10.10.1 with the nVidia and CUDA drivers and it is working well on my X99 build.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/141637-gtx-970-gtx-980-here-29.html

Thank you both for your input!
Seeing both Going Bald's success with the GTX980, and the 980's inclusion on the recommended parts list, I think a GTX980 Gigabyte Windforce would be a great direction to take this build!

I also agree with Solidww that a RAID array would also add an important performance advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back