Motherboard
Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I'm set to build another hack soon based on the Z370 chipset and the i7-9700K. The 8700K is sold out currently here in South Africa. We went with the Asus Maximus X Hero for this build and it just requires a BIOS update for the 9th gen chips.

The 9700K gives up hyper-threading, though. Is this a problem for hacks? I don't foresee it being, but just thought I would check.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :)

So I'm set to build another hack soon based on the Z370 chipset and the i7-9700K. The 8700K is sold out currently here in South Africa. We went with the Asus Maximus X Hero for this build and it just requires a BIOS update for the 9th gen chips.

The 9700K gives up hyper-threading, though. Is this a problem for hacks? I don't foresee it being, but just thought I would check.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :)

Yes, for the 9th generation CPUs only the i9-9900K has Hyperthreading.

Of course it is not a problem. CPUs without HT (previous i5) have been used to run MacOS with no problems.

Last edited:
That's what I figured. Thanks!

I'm currently running this same hardware setup for my hackintosh (i7 9700k + ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO) and everything works great, but the ONLY hiccup I've encountered is rendering video in FCPX and Premiere. Every time I try to render a video, it fails immediately so I'm currently trying to troubleshoot that.

Keep us all posted on your progress!

On the other hand, do CPUs with HT create problems?

Of course not. I am using CPUs with hyperthreading with MacOS (7700K / 5820K / Xeon) all without problems.

I've encountered is rendering video in FCPX and Premiere. Every time I try to render a video, it fails immediately so I'm currently trying to troubleshoot that.

Keep us all posted on your progress!
Did you find the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back