Contribute
Register

i7 8700k / z370 (Unstable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol okay... well please see my edit on the first post. The 9700k was a pain and I returned it. I repeat... I am using the 8700k. I’ve edited the thread title and first post to update the issue. Didn’t mean to confuse anyone.

Any ideas about how to fix the IOScreenlockstate text? Is this related to random shutdowns? That’s the only thing I’m focused on right now.

I can also try editing the memory voltage. Anyone have a guide though? I tried enabling XMP and still get the same issues. I just don’t want to mess anything up.

I was suggesting that you disabled XMP it in both clover and in your bios not enable. I wouldn't mess with the voltage of your memory just set the clock speed to the correct speed. But since you said you enabled it; I am now guessing that was not your issue.

Lol okay... well please see my edit on the first post. The 9700k was a pain and I returned it. I repeat... I am using the 8700k. I’ve edited the thread title and first post to update the issue. Didn’t mean to confuse anyone.

Any ideas about how to fix the IOScreenlockstate text? Is this related to random shutdowns? That’s the only thing I’m focused on right now.

I can also try editing the memory voltage. Anyone have a guide though? I tried enabling XMP and still get the same issues. I just don’t want to mess anything up.

9700K or 8700K shouldn't make any difference.

Please post your EFI folder.

Yes, I removed the old thermal paste and applied new. Also, I don't have 2 video cards... not sure where you got that. I only have one RX 580. It's plugged into an LG 27UD68-P 4K monitor via display port.

Like I said shutdowns happen at random. It starts up most of time and sometimes it can just restart too. Very inconsistent. That IOScreenlockstate thing is at startup but I have no idea if that has anything to do with my problem.

It starts up most of time and sometimes it can just restart too. Very inconsistent. That IOScreenlockstate thing is at startup
  • I guess you are implying that boot ended at that screen and you had to reboot .
  • Have you installed Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to /Library/Extensions yourself or you used Multibeast for post installation steps of CLOVER and kext installation and config.plist editing?
not sure where you got that.
I only have one RX 580. It's plugged into an LG 27UD68-P 4K monitor via display port.

• Now I really need to see your own BIOS_Peripherals _Initial Display Output and Chipset Screen shot

• I guess you are implying that boot ended at that screen and you had to reboot .
  • Have you installed Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to /Library/Extensions yourself or you used Multibeast for post installation steps of CLOVER and kext installation and config.plist editing?

• Now I really need to see your own BIOS_Peripherals _Initial Display Output and Chipset Screen shot
Here are some shots of my BIOS and my kexts folder. Also attached my EFI folder again if anyone wants to take a look. I do have Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in there.

Attachments

• IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2486.jpg
    IMG_2486.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2487.jpg
    IMG_2487.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2489.jpg
    IMG_2489.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2490.jpg
    IMG_2490.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2491.jpg
    IMG_2491.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2492.jpg
    IMG_2492.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 11.51.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 11.51.37 AM.png
    545.8 KB · Views: 42
  • EFI.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 55
Here are some shots of my BIOS and my kexts folder. Also attached my EFI folder again if anyone wants to take a look. I do have Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in there.
  • I have reviewed the BIOS screen and EFI Folder contents.
  • I have taken Screen captures of relevant items from BIOS screens and CLOVER and config.plist and annotated as to what I would do if I had the previously upload Graphics related freeze on Verbose screen before booting to see if the problem is fixed
  • If the BIOS and CLOVER editing listed above would not fix the problem ,then I would consider changing SMBIOS _Product Name to :iMac 18, 2

Attachments

• 1.BIOS_peripherals_Initial Display.png
    1.BIOS_peripherals_Initial Display.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 2.BIOS_Chipset.png
    2.BIOS_Chipset.png
    937 KB · Views: 48
  • 1.EFI Clover FileTreeJward.png
    1.EFI Clover FileTreeJward.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 2.config.plist_SMBIOS.png
    2.config.plist_SMBIOS.png
    380.3 KB · Views: 45

Do you really need that DSDT? What does it patch? Most Z370 run fine without DSDT.

• I have reviewed the BIOS screen and EFI Folder contents.
  • I have taken Screen captures of relevant items from BIOS screens and CLOVER and config.plist and annotated as to what I would do if I had the previously upload Graphics related freeze on Verbose screen before booting to see if the problem is fixed
  • If the BIOS and CLOVER editing listed above would not fix the problem ,then I would consider changing SMBIOS _Product Name to :iMac 18, 2
Tried these fixes and still the same. Sometimes it won't even boot up without safe mode... I'm completely dumbfounded.

Do you really need that DSDT? What does it patch? Most Z370 run fine without DSDT.
That was supplied by someone over at Insanely Mac. I may try without to see what happens.

That was supplied by someone over at Insanely Mac. I may try without to see what happens.

Yes, please try without. I don't think it's necessary and may cause more harm than good.

Just tried without and same random shutdowns :/ here's the last thing verbose shows now without DSDT. I'm beginning to think it's a hardware issue. I just have no idea what it is.

Attachments

• IMG_2501.jpg
    IMG_2501.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 33
Just tried without and same random shutdowns :/ here's the last thing verbose shows now without DSDT. I'm beginning to think it's a hardware issue. I just have no idea what it is.

You are still getting a graphics error. What kind of RX 580 are you using?

Is your monitor connected to your RX 580?
What kind of connection are you using? HDMI? DisplayPort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back