Contribute
Register

i7 8700k / z370 (Unstable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the Corsair Hydro Series H55 and I've never had any heating issues. HWMonitor has always shown regular temps. Is there any way to save a verbose log by the way? It goes by super fast and hard to make out everything in a video/picture. I will try to upload everything cmn699 mentioned tomorrow.

I did test memory awhile back with memtest. It was only showing one stick was bad, so I took it out and now I'm using 32gb.
Is there any way to save a verbose log by the way? It goes by super fast and hard to make out everything in a video/picture.
You should take a Video and then watch it frame by frame, pause and capture important screens for your own review and analysis and submit to the Forum as evidence any thing you feel is abnormal or towards the end when it stops.

Hackintosh is NOT for Everybody; it is for those who want to have it and will strive to have it. If you had the chance to read the posts folks like Rehabman and Toleda have made in this Forum and elsewhere and many like them in other Forums, it is not hard to note the effort they have made to find original solutions to create a Hackintosh.

It is shame that a lot of the time Moderators have to spend is to remind those who are posting for help to list the hardware to the Profile and/ or to the Build Signature. This requirement is to facilitate evidence based troubleshoot to those seeking help and is listed in Forum Rules. Asking folks to upload Verbose boot screen is to analyze the problem to correlate the findings with the chosen BIOS Options and CLOVER FileTree and suggest the best possible fix.

You should take a Video and then watch it frame by frame, pause and capture important screens for your own review and analysis and submit to the Forum as evidence any thing you feel is abnormal or towards the end when it stops.

Hackintosh is NOT for Everybody; it is for those who want to have it and will strive to have it. If you had the chance to read the posts folks like Rehabman and Toleda have made in this Forum and elsewhere and many like them in other Forums, it is not hard to note the effort they have made to find original solutions to create a Hackintosh.

It is shame that a lot of the time Moderators have to spend is to remind those who are posting for help to list the hardware to the Profile and/ or to the Build Signature. This requirement is to facilitate evidence based troubleshoot to those seeking help and is listed in Forum Rules. Asking folks to upload Verbose boot screen is to analyze the problem to correlate the findings with the chosen BIOS Options and CLOVER FileTree and suggest the best possible fix.
Maybe I'm totally crazy but when did I not list my hardware properly? I thought I was pretty clear from the beginning. Also, while I understand Hackintosh'ing isn't for everyone this isn't my first go around. This is just the first build that hasn't worked properly and I've literally tried everything. Honestly I'm not the most knowledgeable but I'd like to think I know a lot about how it works and my way around. Obviously the only other thing I haven't done is replace every component I have which I really don't want to do because I've spent a lot of time and money already. I just want to make sure this isn't a software/clover issue before I go and do that. Please don't take this the wrong way, I appreciate any and all help I can get.

Tried to seek help on Insanely Mac and this is where I'm at with my EFI folder and I've also attached screenshots (best I could get) of verbose. Again, this is what I'm using...

i7-8700K
Gigabyte z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
Sapphire Pulse RX 580
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMeM.2 SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 Memory
Corsair CX Series 750 Watt Power Supply

Running 10.14.6

Still getting random shutdowns. If someone could just double check my EFI folder to see if anything needs to be changed I'd appreciate it. Also, my BIOS is exactly the same as @ultrazone's in this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-2-x-amd-sapphire-rx580-8gb-32gb-ram.279968/ <--- screenshots are here as well.

If there's anything I missed please let me know.

Attachments

• Verbose 3.PNG
    Verbose 3.PNG
    8 MB · Views: 31
  • Verbose 2.PNG
    Verbose 2.PNG
    7.3 MB · Views: 42
  • Verbose 1.jpg
    Verbose 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • EFI.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 46
Maybe I'm totally crazy but when did I not list my hardware properly? I thought I was pretty clear from the beginning. Also, while I understand Hackintosh'ing isn't for everyone this isn't my first go around. This is just the first build that hasn't worked properly and I've literally tried everything. Honestly I'm not the most knowledgeable but I'd like to think I know a lot about how it works and my way around. Obviously the only other thing I haven't done is replace every component I have which I really don't want to do because I've spent a lot of time and money already. I just want to make sure this isn't a software/clover issue before I go and do that. Please don't take this the wrong way, I appreciate any and all help I can get.

Tried to seek help on Insanely Mac and this is where I'm at with my EFI folder and I've also attached screenshots (best I could get) of verbose. Again, this is what I'm using...

i7-8700K
Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Running 10.14.6

Still getting random shutdowns. If someone could just double check my EFI folder to see if anything needs to be changed I'd appreciate it. Also, my BIOS is exactly the same as @ultrazone's in this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-2-x-amd-sapphire-rx580-8gb-32gb-ram.279968/ <--- screenshots are here as well.

I have briefly skimmed your issue I myself spend thousands of dollars on components trying to solve crashes that seemed random. What I found in the end was to disable XMP in the bios and clover. Then in the bios set the memory speed manually. After 10 months of random crashes that was the solution. I now have three hacks from all the parts and are all stable.

I have briefly skimmed your issue I myself spend thousands of dollars on components trying to solve crashes that seemed random. What I found in the end was to disable XMP in the bios and clover. Then in the bios set the memory speed manually. After 10 months of random crashes that was the solution. I now have three hacks from all the parts and are all stable.

I just figured out XMP was the cause of some random crashes I have been experiencing with my Gigabyte Z390 motherboard. The same CPU and RAM ran without issues with XMP enabled on my Asus Z370 motherboard...

I just figured out XMP was the cause of some random crashes I have been experiencing with my Gigabyte Z390 motherboard. The same CPU and RAM ran without issues with XMP enabled on my Asus Z370 motherboard...

At full speed previously you had it clocked down some.

At full speed previously you had it clocked down some.

At one point I had it them clocked down 200MHz but eventually ran them at full speed again.

i7-8700K
Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Running 10.14.6

when did I not list my hardware properly?

• In your very first post you have mentioned using the names of 3 CPUs
    i7 9700k (9th gen) CPU after my 8800k started failing and crashing my computer. Luckily I had a warranty on it and was able to snag the 9900k with the refund.
  • it was confusing as I had stated in the thread #21
  • In your current post, you have an entirely new CPU on your proflle i7-8700K.
  • If anyone reads your entire post carefully, the use of 4 CPUS on the same motherboard causing what you call "Instability" points to Motherboard or its add on hardware like RAM , Graphics or over-heat etc as possibly causing the instability in the absence of a verbose boot to check.
  • the very first Verbose boot screen was posted on thread #33
  • The uploaded EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other had several kexts that appeared to be for add on cards when the post says the installation was with no add-on cards as shown in my edited image in #34
  • Apparently the CLOVER was from another user with the same MoBO but using add on cards like Startech Firewire 400 2 Port PCIe Card.
  • The current Verbose boot ends in an apparent Graphics related Freeze. [See edited image]

Attachments

• 1.gIOScreenLockState 3,hs 0,bs 0,...png
    1.gIOScreenLockState 3,hs 0,bs 0,...png
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
Lol okay... well please see my edit on the first post. The 9700k was a pain and I returned it. I repeat... I am using the 8700k. I’ve edited the thread title and first post to update the issue. Didn’t mean to confuse anyone.

Any ideas about how to fix the IOScreenlockstate text? Is this related to random shutdowns? That’s the only thing I’m focused on right now.

I can also try editing the memory voltage. Anyone have a guide though? I tried enabling XMP and still get the same issues. I just don’t want to mess anything up.

Lol okay... well please see my edit on the first post. The 9700k was a pain and I returned it. I repeat... I am using the 8700k. I’ve edited the thread title and first post to update the issue. Didn’t mean to confuse anyone.

Any ideas about how to fix the IOScreenlockstate text? Is this related to random shutdowns? That’s the only thing I’m focused on right now.

I can also try editing the memory voltage. Anyone have a guide though? I tried enabling XMP and still get the same issues. I just don’t want to mess anything up.

• When do you see the Verbose screen shots you have uploaded?
    • Is it during reboot?​
    • Did the reboot end at that Screen without entering login screen and Desktop?​

• How many Monitors you have on this System and how are your 2 video cards (Integrated Intel HD 630 and Sapphire Pulse RX 580) connected to the Monitor(s)?
  • When you replaced the CPUs and after many troubleshoots of your own requiring many Power ON and Power OFF, did you remove the possibly dried and cracked old thermal compound( thermal Paste) from the CorsairHydro H55 Cooler and reapply new Thermal paste during each CPU installation?
  • Answers to the above might be helpful to narrow down the cause of your random shut downs.

Attachments

• CorsairHydro H55.png
    CorsairHydro H55.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
  • When do you see the Verbose screen shots you have uploaded?
    • Is it during reboot?​
    • Did the reboot end at that Screen without entering login screen and Desktop?​

• How many Monitors you have on this System and how are your 2 video cards (Integrated Intel HD 630 and Sapphire Pulse RX 580) connected to the Monitor(s)?
  • When you replaced the CPUs and after many troubleshoots of your own requiring many Power ON and Power OFF, did you remove the possibly dried and cracked old thermal compound( thermal Paste) from the CorsairHydro H55 Cooler and reapply new Thermal paste during each CPU installation?
  • Answers to the above might be helpful to narrow down the cause of your random shut downs.
Yes, I removed the old thermal paste and applied new. Also, I don't have 2 video cards... not sure where you got that. I only have one RX 580. It's plugged into an LG 27UD68-P 4K monitor via display port.

Like I said shutdowns happen at random. It starts up most of time and sometimes it can just restart too. Very inconsistent. That IOScreenlockstate thing is at startup but I have no idea if that has anything to do with my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back