Contribute
Register

i7 8700k / z370 (Unstable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the card I'm using: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ6FMF8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

It's plugged into my LG 27UD68-P via DisplayPort

That card should be fine. I've done a build using that card.

I have no idea why you are getting a graphics error... In BIOS, do you have Primary Display set to the RX 580?

You can try using the EFI from my Z370-G build. You can find it attached to my build description. Link is below in my signature.

Tried these fixes and still the same. Sometimes it won't even boot up without safe mode... I'm completely dumbfounded.

That was supplied by someone over at Insanely Mac. I may try without to see what happens.
  • my last 2 Cents for troubleshoot using this Board:
  • See edited Verbose boot screen
  • Try removing VirtualSMC.kext and use RehabMan's FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Attachments

• 1.Vebose boot.png
    1.Vebose boot.png
    448.1 KB · Views: 36
  • my last 2 Cents for troubleshoot using this Board:
  • See edited Verbose boot screen
  • Try removing VirtualSMC.kext and use RehabMan's FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Tried this as well and same results. :(

That card should be fine. I've done a build using that card.

I have no idea why you are getting a graphics error... In BIOS, do you have Primary Display set to the RX 580?

You can try using the EFI from my Z370-G build. You can find it attached to my build description. Link is below in my signature.
I will try this too and yes primary is the RX 580. Which EFI folder should I use though? There are several in your thread.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 10.06.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 10.06.31 PM.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 26
I will try this too and yes primary is the RX 580. Which EFI folder should I use though? There are several in your thread.

Try r5.1.1.

Try r5.1.1.
Done but now I can't even boot into my drive. lol It just keeps entering the BIOS setup every time I start the computer. :banghead:

Done but now I can't even boot into my drive. lol It just keeps entering the BIOS setup every time I start the computer. :banghead:

Boot in to the BIOS boot menu and select the drive with Clover.

Boot in to the BIOS boot menu and select the drive with Clover.
Tried that (F12)... will not boot for some reason. I'm using an Nvme drive, dunno if that has anything to do with it or not.

Tried that (F12)... will not boot for some reason. I'm using an Nvme drive, dunno if that has anything to do with it or not.

NVMe drives are not a problem. Even the NVMe drives known to have issues will not cause the behavior you describe.

Try copying the EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from that.

NVMe drives are not a problem. Even the NVMe drives known to have issues will not cause the behavior you describe.

Try copying the EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from that.
Still a no-go. Have no idea why...

Here's a snippet of what it's doing.

I guess I'll try my backup drive and see if I can get into it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back