Contribute
Register

i7-8700 Coffee Lake + Z370 Gaming 5 + GTX1050 + Thunderbolt 2 for UAD APOLLO

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT WORKED!!!
Thanks!!
Even got the HDMI AUDIO and/or Audio from mobo working...now i can choose.
The gigabyte TB card works like a charm and it worked right out of the box (after installation on Windows 10).
My hackintosh for Music Production is Ready!!! Thanks to you
It was my 2nd build for Apollo Twin conectivity.
Should have started with Gigabyte right from the start. With Asus it was a nightmare.

Have nearly the identical build, and it worked just about flawlessly, but I installed two additional disks with the intention of using them in a RAID1 configuration, and after enabling EZ RAID (I'm down to that, it's not the RAM, and Linux installs just fine on this system) I get a kernel panic with 10.13.x on boot, every time, from either the Startup Disk partition, the recovery partitions, or the USB installer. So far I've refreshed the BIOS, and set it up from scratch, but it's still doing it. I'm running out of ideas, and it kills me that this was working great immediately prior. Help!

Have nearly the identical build, and it worked just about flawlessly, but I installed two additional disks with the intention of using them in a RAID1 configuration, and after enabling EZ RAID (I'm down to that, it's not the RAM, and Linux installs just fine on this system) I get a kernel panic with 10.13.x on boot, every time, from either the Startup Disk partition, the recovery partitions, or the USB installer. So far I've refreshed the BIOS, and set it up from scratch, but it's still doing it. I'm running out of ideas, and it kills me that this was working great immediately prior. Help!

Fixed it! DO NOT ENABLE EZ-RAID. This will make the kernel angry, and you will no longer have a working system. Recovery is to change the SATA mode from "Intel Optane Acceleration" back to AHCI and re-enable XHCI Handoff for USB.

I started with the EFI from some other post and then did some modifications for the exact components I have.

Hello friend. Did you installed High Sierra on your computer? I have the Z370 Gaming 5 and the i5-8600K. Can you please pass me your EFI and file plist?. I installed Sierra but I can't booting High Sierra USB. Thanks.

Hi there,

Where did you get your EFI folder? I'm doing a build with the same mobo, but the i5 8600k.

Thanks!

Me too ... Do you could share your efi folder and plist ?

Hi, I'm about to attempt this exact build and was wondering how it works with peripherals?

I'd be running my Komplete Kontrol S88 as well as my Motu MIDI MicroExpress... Do you foresee any issues?

Thanks!

IT WORKED!!!
Thanks!!
Even got the HDMI AUDIO and/or Audio from mobo working...now i can choose.
The gigabyte TB card works like a charm and it worked right out of the box (after installation on Windows 10).
My hackintosh for Music Production is Ready!!! Thanks to you
It was my 2nd build for Apollo Twin conectivity.
Should have started with Gigabyte right from the start. With Asus it was a nightmare.

Hey man!

Glad your machine is up and running!

I have a similar build, 8700k and the Gaming 7. My thunderbolt for UAD works intermittently. I'm using the GC Alpine. I find that if it isn't detected on startup I have to login to my Windows partition, see the two UAD devices (apollo and satellite) are present, restart into MacOS and it works fine. It happens every second time I boot up so would love to get it resolved!!

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back