Contribute
Register

i7-8700 Coffee Lake + Z370 Gaming 5 + GTX1050 + Thunderbolt 2 for UAD APOLLO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have most things going, couldn't get audio to work without it crashing every time, running an Apogee Duet which i eventually got working so I flagged the audio as I really only use the duet. Don't have power management sorted yet - it restarts 2 seconds after I shut down. Any suggestions on fixing this? Thanks for your help
Use "shutdown fix" in clover configurator. ACPI-> "FixShutdown_0004"
that will do the trick (for the autorestart) (it looks that usually the gigabyte mobos have that issue)

Use "shutdown fix" in clover configurator. ACPI-> "FixShutdown_0004"
that will do the trick (for the autorestart) (it looks that usually the gigabyte mobos have that issue)
Thanks will give that a crack!

danzlotnik, I wanna thank you for your build info and help.
One thing: It's quite a known fact that DAW software usually performs better (less chances on audio dropouts),
when you disable all cpu powersaving settings like p/c states, turboboost and for some DAW's even disabling hyperthreading.
Do you have these settings currently enabled and tried dis-abling them to see if there is any DAW increase in performance ?

Warm Regards !

danzlotnik, I wanna thank you for your build info and help.
One thing: It's quite a known fact that DAW software usually performs better (less chances on audio dropouts),
when you disable all cpu powersaving settings like p/c states, turboboost and for some DAW's even disabling hyperthreading.
Do you have these settings currently enabled and tried dis-abling them to see if there is any DAW increase in performance ?

Warm Regards !
I have all the p/c states, turboboost and hyperthreading on and ProTools 12 HD works amazingly. (PT2018.1 the one released a few days ago)
I have big sessions with lots of Kontakt instances (a full midi orchestral session), lots of plugins (even a few Ozone, and neutron in every single track) and the buffer size is quite low, and no drops at all.
So i dont have the need to turn cpu states off.

Last edited:
how much noise the graphics card make?

Hi.
I am using GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7.
When you shut down, will you turn off all LEDs on your motherboard?
My motherboard does not turn off the LED.
I do not know what is the cause.

Hi.
Check in UEFI/BIOS > Peripherals > LEDs in Sleep, Hibernation, and Soft Off States.
This setting should give you the option to turn off LEDs in those various states.

Hi.

i think that the problem is one of the cooler fans connected to an usb fan port in the mobo.
I readed about changing that to another port and the lights go out. I didnt do it myself because my whole setup is plugged to an no break that i turn off when i stop working.. so i have no problem about the light staying on.

Have the same issue as comsetym.
Check in UEFI/BIOS > Peripherals > LEDs in Sleep, Hibernation, and Soft Off States.
This setting should give you the option to turn off LEDs in those various states.
Did not do it for me. The option is by default off and this work when It goes to sleep (if I remember correctly cause I removed sleep for now since a USB disk gets unmounted incorrectly) The problem only occurs at Shut down.

IMPORTANT!!!!
I'm using a ASUS THUNDERBOLT EX card in a GIGABYTE Mobo. !! The connectors are NOT THE SAME. So i had to cut a little bit of the connector (on the motherboard). Then hook the ASUS plug a GLUE !!!
It was risky....
Now it works like a charm (I made already 2 of this same builds)

[/QUOTE]
Hello, brother, I was not able to find the gigabyte Alpine Thunderbolt 3 card anywhere. So planning to buy the one you have suggested in this thread. I just want to know how this procedure was done the cutting of the connector and hooking up with the Gigabyte motherboard. would be grateful if you can help me with this. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back