Contribute
Register

i7-7700K kaby lake can not boot - stuck on ++++++++

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NVMe drive I was using (Samsung PRO 950 512GB) works without any tweaks. I was trying to use different one (LITE ON NVMe) and that one does not show up. So I just stick with 950 PRO. I appreciate your help @RehabMan , but I do not have windows computer anymore, so I guess I can't do it because windows is needed for that.
But my i7-7700K works great it seems that everything works as supposed to!
Thanks again!

The Samsung 950 Pro is not native... Requires patches to IONVMeFamily.kext. You probably have them in your config.plist.

You can determine the ACPI path by other methods (ioreg from OS X/macOS), but I used Windows as it was my intention for the guide to be used prior to installing OS X/macOS.

But if your new drive is not working with the IONVMe patches you have in your config.plist, then it probably isn't compatible.

The NVMe is probably not compatible. I should buy Samsung pro again, or I have good results with intel 600 series.
It seems that everything is working now and I do not know if that may be the reason, but by changing CPU, the USB 3.1 now works 100%.
Only think I do not like is it shows "Quad-core intel Xeon" as processor. I did not find nowhere how to change this to match "i7-7700K" but this is not important... But I'm sure there is a way to do it!

Try to enable 'KernelPM' by CloverConfigurator

You should look at files before making suggestions.
Post #3 config.plist already has it.

Plus, it is clear that there is success with the install... (original problem caused by incompatible NVMe SSD, I think).

Last edited:
Hello, I got new kaby lake CPU i7-7700K and I have gigabyte z170MX gaming 5 motherboard (updated to support that chip)
clover boot loader loads and then it is stuck on ++++++++++++ (or on the apple logo if I do not use verbose mode)
I did change fakeCPUID to 0x0506E3 (skylake CPUID) but it does not make any difference.
Also if I go in options to CPU tuning (in clover bootloader) I see "Cores: 1 Threads: 16" Which is not good as I understand.
The CPU is recognized in bootloader as i7-7700K but I guess thats always recognized.
Can someone help me with fakeCPUID making work?
Other than that my hackintosh works great 100% if the i7-6700K is used (So I switched the chips again for now)
Thank you all very much for any inputs!
Hi there, I have same motherboard and processor, I getting exactly same problem. did you manage to fix the problem. I wanted to buy 6700k but was not in stock. First time making hackintosh. Thanks

Hi there, I have same motherboard and processor, I getting exactly same problem. did you manage to fix the problem. I wanted to buy 6700k but was not in stock. First time making hackintosh. Thanks
First of all, you need to upgrade bios to latest one or the some later version which supports i7-7700K,
Then it depends if you are using NVMe drive or not and what OSX you want to use (El Capitan or Sierra?)

First of all, you need to upgrade bios to latest one or the some later version which supports i7-7700K,
Then it depends if you are using NVMe drive or not and what OSX you want to use (El Capitan or Sierra?)
Thanks for reply. I have updated bios and I managed to install sierra on my samsung NVMe drive. I have 2 problems now, first no audio from rear panel but front panel headphone jack works fine after multibeast ALC1150 and 100 series patch. Second wifi is not working and i believe that is just my wifi pci card. Its edimax ew-7822pic. Any help?
EDIT: audio working fine now. Only wifi problem need to fix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back