CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I got new kaby lake CPU i7-7700K and I have gigabyte z170MX gaming 5 motherboard (updated to support that chip)
clover boot loader loads and then it is stuck on ++++++++++++ (or on the apple logo if I do not use verbose mode)
I did change fakeCPUID to 0x0506E3 (skylake CPUID) but it does not make any difference.
Also if I go in options to CPU tuning (in clover bootloader) I see "Cores: 1 Threads: 16" Which is not good as I understand.
The CPU is recognized in bootloader as i7-7700K but I guess thats always recognized.
Can someone help me with fakeCPUID making work?
Other than that my hackintosh works great 100% if the i7-6700K is used (So I switched the chips again for now)
Thank you all very much for any inputs!

Hello, I got new kaby lake CPU i7-7700K and I have gigabyte z170MX gaming 5 motherboard (updated to support that chip)
clover boot loader loads and then it is stuck on ++++++++++++ (or on the apple logo if I do not use verbose mode)
I did change fakeCPUID to 0x0506E3 (skylake CPUID) but it does not make any difference.
Also if I go in options to CPU tuning (in clover bootloader) I see "Cores: 1 Threads: 16" Which is not good as I understand.
The CPU is recognized in bootloader as i7-7700K but I guess thats always recognized.
Can someone help me with fakeCPUID making work?
Other than that my hackintosh works great 100% if the i7-6700K is used (So I switched the chips again for now)
Thank you all very much for any inputs!

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I did not take picture before I switched chips back. What was I thinking?
But there was no information on the verbose screen... it was literally just two row of text as usually and then pluses ++++++++++++++++++++++ and it stopped there (there was nothing after pluses)
I included the zip with clover folder. That one does good with i7-6700k (I removed SSDT.aml because that was for 6700K and I dd not know if that may be the reason)
Thank you very much for looking into that! Really appreciate it.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,137
I did not take picture before I switched chips back. What was I thinking?
But there was no information on the verbose screen... it was literally just two row of text as usually and then pluses ++++++++++++++++++++++ and it stopped there (there was nothing after pluses)
I included the zip with clover folder. That one does good with i7-6700k (I removed SSDT.aml because that was for 6700K and I dd not know if that may be the reason)
Thank you very much for looking into that! Really appreciate it.

Try with:
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
KernelCpu should be false
CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67
GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no applicability to your hardware.
You are double injecting due to dup kexts in 10.12 and Other. Place all kexts in Other. Remove 10.12.
Only place essential kexts in kexts/Other (eg. no need for more than one Ethernet kext)
Disable all KextsToPatch (you don't need NVMe, audio, etc to boot the installer... you can re-enable NVMe or use HackrNVMe spoofed later)
fyi: Skylake AppleAPIC patch is a mistake (current macOS/OS X does not need it... it causes problems, not solves them)
config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be true (you have false)
If you're specifying memory details with SMBIOS/Memory, make sure they are accurate.
Eliminate unneeded *.efi from drivers64UEFI (leave only DataHubDxe-64.efi, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, VboxHfs-64.efi)
You could try HFSPlus.efi instead of VboxHfs-64.efi.
Check BIOS settings!
Try also with cpus=1

Thanks for all your help! I will try all of this today after I switch CPU again! It would be awesome if it's working really!
I will post results here and share working plist if I make it work.

New hardware definitely involves a process to figure out... So far the only Kaby Lake machines confirmed working are laptops (the two I know of: Lenovo Yoga 710, Razer Blade Stealth).

Don't give up too easily.

New hardware definitely involves a process to figure out... So far the only Kaby Lake machines confirmed working are laptops (the two I know of: Lenovo Yoga 710, Razer Blade Stealth).

Don't give up too easily.

I got 7700K with Asus TUF Z270-Mark 1 motherboard working except for Intel 219V and sleep. The system sleep but immediately wake up. The weird part is I got both Intel 211 and Intel 219V working at the same time on Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare with AppleIGB.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext in Clover kext folder but I could only get Intel 211 to work on Z270-Mark 1.

Mine is working now too. I can't see the NVMe drive yet though and I need to make that part work. Sleep is working fine (sleep/wake) I'm focusing now on NVMe as that's the drive I have. Right now I'm running it from usb 3.0 drive.
Also usb 3.1 is working and it looks like full speeds. I get over 800MBps read and write on my external m.2 raid 0 array. That's over 5GBps so it should be usb 3.1 speed now.
Also, I can boot to clover efi and run osx right from USB 3.1 port and speed is pretty impressive.
I hope there will be solution for non-visible NVMe drive soon.
Thanks @RehabMan!

Last edited:
The NVMe drive I was using (Samsung PRO 950 512GB) works without any tweaks. I was trying to use different one (LITE ON NVMe) and that one does not show up. So I just stick with 950 PRO. I appreciate your help @RehabMan , but I do not have windows computer anymore, so I guess I can't do it because windows is needed for that.
But my i7-7700K works great it seems that everything works as supposed to!
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back