Contribute
Register

i7-7700K kaby lake can not boot - stuck on ++++++++

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan suggested:

Try with:
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
KernelCpu should be false
CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67
GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no applicability to your hardware.
You are double injecting due to dup kexts in 10.12 and Other. Place all kexts in Other. Remove 10.12.
Only place essential kexts in kexts/Other (eg. no need for more than one Ethernet kext)
Disable all KextsToPatch (you don't need NVMe, audio, etc to boot the installer... you can re-enable NVMe or use HackrNVMe spoofed later)
fyi: Skylake AppleAPIC patch is a mistake (current macOS/OS X does not need it... it causes problems, not solves them)
config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be true (you have false)
If you're specifying memory details with SMBIOS/Memory, make sure they are accurate.
Eliminate unneeded *.efi from drivers64UEFI (leave only DataHubDxe-64.efi, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, VboxHfs-64.efi)
You could try HFSPlus.efi instead of VboxHfs-64.efi.
Check BIOS settings!
Try also with cpus=1

Apparently this helped paulkol. But not clear which of the suggestions were the key enabler(s) ?
I tweaked my EFI as well now per above as best possible and will see tomorrow night if I get past my stuck i7-7700K ++++++++ boot.

All I needed to do was fakecpuid set to 0x0506e3 and also I had to switch
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi switch from OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi
After that I was able to boot. Then it was working OK.
Now I'm testing same CPU on newer gigabyte motherboard Z270mx gaming 5 - so far everything works OK just USB 3.1 does not work now (it was working full speed on z170mx gaming 5) and audio (I understand that, since I will need new kexts for different codes stuff)
I would love to fix USB 3.1 to work on full speed! If NY body knows, let me know.
If you guys have z170mx I will did share my EFI above and just.ade the tweets @RehabMan was suggesting.
I can never let go I guess and now Z270mx is my next goal lol.

Try with:
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
KernelCpu should be false
CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67
GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no applicability to your hardware.
You are double injecting due to dup kexts in 10.12 and Other. Place all kexts in Other. Remove 10.12.
Only place essential kexts in kexts/Other (eg. no need for more than one Ethernet kext)
Disable all KextsToPatch (you don't need NVMe, audio, etc to boot the installer... you can re-enable NVMe or use HackrNVMe spoofed later)
fyi: Skylake AppleAPIC patch is a mistake (current macOS/OS X does not need it... it causes problems, not solves them)
config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be true (you have false)
If you're specifying memory details with SMBIOS/Memory, make sure they are accurate.
Eliminate unneeded *.efi from drivers64UEFI (leave only DataHubDxe-64.efi, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, VboxHfs-64.efi)
You could try HFSPlus.efi instead of VboxHfs-64.efi.
Check BIOS settings!
Try also with cpus=1

Thank you for your help, following these steps except for OsxAptioFixDrv (I still use version 2 because the other one cause halt during boot) I have solved my problems with i7-7700k. I see your expertise, so I kindly ask to you:
1) How can I see (again) all system informations since I removed FakeSMC-*.kext?
2) In the clover zip from paulkol I saw many .aml in /ACPI/origin but I don't have any of these... how can I find a guide to understand what they are and what should I use?
3) About NVMe: there is a project or something else that contain a list of supported devices with the instruction to compile the portion of config.plist interest? Now I use IONVMeFamily.kext but I have to put too many informations in my config.plist and still I can not mount NVMe disk (but I see them from Utiliy Disk in gray).

Thanks a lot

Thank you for your help, following these steps except for OsxAptioFixDrv (I still use version 2 because the other one cause halt during boot) I have solved my problems with i7-7700k. I see your expertise, so I kindly ask to you:
1) How can I see (again) all system informations since I removed FakeSMC-*.kext?
2) In the clover zip from paulkol I saw many .aml in /ACPI/origin but I don't have any of these... how can I find a guide to understand what they are and what should I use?
3) About NVMe: there is a project or something else that contain a list of supported devices with the instruction to compile the portion of config.plist interest? Now I use IONVMeFamily.kext but I have to put too many informations in my config.plist and still I can not mount NVMe disk (but I see them from Utiliy Disk in gray).

Thanks a lot

If by "system information" you mean CPU temps, you will need to wait for an update to FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext.
Pressing F4 in Clover dumps native ACPI files to ACPI/origin. Those files have no effect on how Clover operates.
NVMe info: https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Note: halting boot with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is usually caused by incorrect SIP settings...

If by "system information" you mean CPU temps, you will need to wait for an update to FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext.
Pressing F4 in Clover dumps native ACPI files to ACPI/origin. Those files have no effect on how Clover operates.
NVMe info: https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Note: halting boot with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is usually caused by incorrect SIP settings...

First of all: thank you, thank you again...
Yes, I mean CPU temps: that's helpful for OC.
Ok for F4, I'll try at next reboot, but... what are those files? :D
Thanks for NVMe link, I am reading by now.

Reply to Note: I have disabled SIP and wrote 0x69

First of all: thank you, thank you again...
Yes, I mean CPU temps: that's helpful for OC.
Ok for F4, I'll try at next reboot, but... what are those files? :D
Thanks for NVMe link, I am reading by now.

Reply to Note: I have disabled SIP and wrote 0x69

Generally you capture native ACPI files if you intend to patch them.

Generally you capture native ACPI files if you intend to patch them.

Thank you RehabMan, you are the best
When I removed extra kexts, I lost previous configuration (my bad, now I create backup step by step to avoid this problem).
I recovery the most part of extra kexts but my bcm943602cs (Wi-Fi + Bluetooth) as gone.
Now I don't see it in System Preferences like before.
Do you know witch kext or config.plist changes I must do to restore it?
Thank you in advance

Thank you RehabMan, you are the best
When I removed extra kexts, I lost previous configuration (my bad, now I create backup step by step to avoid this problem).
I recovery the most part of extra kexts but my bcm943602cs (Wi-Fi + Bluetooth) as gone.
Now I don't see it in System Preferences like before.
Do you know witch kext or config.plist changes I must do to restore it?
Thank you in advance

What "extra kexts" are you referring to?
BCM943602 WiFi is native.
BT: check in System Information->USB to see if you have BT controller on USB bus.

What "extra kexts" are you referring to?
BCM943602 WiFi is native.
BT: check in System Information->USB to see if you have BT controller on USB bus.

I am sorry.. I speak badly, my english is not good

I know there isn't specific drivers, I pick this card because of that
But it disappear after I removed some kext, so I thought something wrong related to USB..
In fact, I don't see wireless or bluetooth card where you suggested (USB Receiver is Logitech Unifying dongle)

EnqKuwW.png

So I tried to put USBInjectAll.kext in Library/Extensions and System/Library/Extensions, but nothing has changed.
I know to be annoying, but I'm trying to understand... you can download my clover folder (without themes) here

I am sorry.. I speak badly, my english is not good

I know there isn't specific drivers, I pick this card because of that
But it disappear after I removed some kext, so I thought something wrong related to USB..
In fact, I don't see wireless or bluetooth card where you suggested (USB Receiver is Logitech Unifying dongle)

EnqKuwW.png

So I tried to put USBInjectAll.kext in Library/Extensions and System/Library/Extensions, but nothing has changed.
I know to be annoying, but I'm trying to understand... you can download my clover folder (without themes) here

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back