Contribute
Register

i7 6700K - Z170-A Overclock results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Successfully managed to get my 4.8GHz 6700K overclock stable and working in OS X. Geekbench 3 results looking pretty good so far!

View attachment 183397

For those who struggle to get their overclock into OS X, keep tinkering it is worth the effort in the end! 20% increase in CPU power is a great result.

For what it's worth, the score in macOS on the 6700K @ 4.5GHz (even though it's reporting 4GHz)

Single Core: 6053
Multi Core: 21643

I'm on a Z170X-UD5, non-TH board. Running BIOS F20. Just started the OC tweaks and am sitting pretty well with plenty of room to adjust. Current Geekbench:

Single Core: 5823
Multi Core: 21044

@thedocbwarren - saw you're not using SSDT injection. I generated a new Sierra SSDT using the ssdtPRGen.sh method as it worked quite well in my El Cap install. Saw a few posts popping up here about native CPU PM in Sierra, can you share a bit more about your non-SSDT process? Also curious what your BIOS OC settings are looking like. Right now I've got the 4.5 OC @ 1.35V (haven't even begun to test lower for stability). I also simply set all my turbo cores to 45 and went with that. Tempswise - at full load I'm around 55-60C, idle (~1ghz) I'm at 25C. Not an expert by any means but I have a feeling I can optimize this further, so any pointers appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back