Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
Nvidia
i7 6700K Unlocked CPU running hot.

I'm able to boot into EUFI bios BUT the Temp is maxing out at 100'c using a Corsair H60 Liquid cooled system, it should be 32'c like in the bios of the build video linked in my profile and at base of my post , CPU FAN shows as running, case fans running, used proper Thermal paste, I use a Corsair H60 liquid cooler with a single fan mounted in the roof section of the metal tower that is vented, but need to check that its working as it bolts onto a mini fridge like grill I can't feel if the fans working or not. In the bios it shows 3 fans working CPU, and 2 sys fans, But I have 4 fans in total, there are 2 fans on the front grill supplied with the case a Phantek Enthoo Evolve Midi Tower USB 3 that I am sure are running off one power connector, and one at the back all working but all showing different speeds. I only used a thin layer of thermal paste. The output air is cool from the back of the system and hasn't shut down. Shows separate Core temps of 88'c. Any tips appreciated.

Last edited:
i7 6700K Unlocked CPU running hot.

I'm able to boot into EUFI bios BUT the Temp is maxing out at 100'c using a Corsair H60 Liquid cooled system, it should be 32'c like in the bios of the build video linked in my profile and at base of my post , CPU FAN shows as running, case fans running, used proper Thermal paste, I use a Corsair H60 liquid cooler with a single fan mounted in the roof section of the metal tower that is vented, but need to check that its working as it bolts onto a mini fridge like grill I can't feel if the fans working or not. In the bios it shows 3 fans working CPU, and 2 sys fans, But I have 4 fans in total, there are 2 fans on the front grill supplied with the case a Phantek Enthoo Evolve Midi Tower USB 3 that I am sure are running off one power connector, and one at the back all working but all showing different speeds. I only used a thin layer of thermal paste. The output air is cool from the back of the system and hasn't shut down. Shows separate Core temps of 88'c. Any tips appreciated.

This may seem very basic, but is the CPU cooler properly clamped down (i.e. making proper contact with the CPU)?

remove the plastic film between the cpu and the cooler heatsink

This may seem very basic, but is the CPU cooler properly clamped down (i.e. making proper contact with the CPU)?

Thanks all I solved it, no plastic film in the way, I had to re-route some CPU and SYS FAN leads and spin the radiator fan round and its now at 32c , double checked the thermal paste and seating is all very solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back