Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This will only help those who live near a Microcenter retail store, and sales tax must be paid. It's not clear how long this price will last, and there may be better pricing from other retailers (including Tonymacx86 referrals) around Black Friday, but so far this is the best price I've seen on this processor all year. Anyone who is interested better act quickly! FWIW, Microcenter also has a $30-off promotion if this processor is purchased with eligible motherboards (also in-store only).

http://www.microcenter.com/product/451883/Core_i7-6700K_SkyLake_40GHz_LGA_1151_Boxed_Processor

If you don't live in a state where Newegg collects sales tax, this deal, starting November 19th, is just about as good.
Also easier than driving hundreds of miles to a Microcenter if you're not near one. If you live near a MC store and need a new motherboard as well then by all means take advantage of their offering. Don't forget your CPU cooler. The Skylake K CPUs don't come with one.
TRS 2016-11-15 at 5.35.02 AM.jpg
Here's the link to get your 6700K at Newegg.com. The I7s cost more but they also are usable for more years than less expensive I5s and I3s. You can also always resell one 3-5 years down the road. They hold value. Especially the K versions.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117559&cm_re=6700K-_-19-117-559-_-Product

Last edited:
great even with tax, it's way cheaper than most places and the motherboard came out cheap with the rebate and 30 off.

This will only help those who live near a Microcenter retail store, and sales tax must be paid. It's not clear how long this price will last, and there may be better pricing from other retailers (including Tonymacx86 referrals) around Black Friday, but so far this is the best price I've seen on this processor all year. Anyone who is interested better act quickly! FWIW, Microcenter also has a $30-off promotion if this processor is purchased with eligible motherboards (also in-store only).

http://www.microcenter.com/product/451883/Core_i7-6700K_SkyLake_40GHz_LGA_1151_Boxed_Processor

last week I picked up from microcenter a 6700k for $299, and a open box Asus Sabertooth Z170 S motherboard for $147. Midweek I noticed the price of the CPU went down $40. I went back and requested a price match for the CPU. They made the adjustment credit $40+tax and I also got the $30 off combo :) im happy.

last week I picked up from microcenter a 6700k for $299, and a open box Asus Sabertooth Z170 S motherboard for $147. Midweek I noticed the price of the CPU went down $40. I went back and requested a price match for the CPU. They made the adjustment credit $40+tax and I also got the $30 off combo :) im happy.
That is real customer service. Some of you may be asking, how can MicroCenter sell this low? This promotion is what's called a loss leader. They sell a single or combo product (CPU and Mobo) at or below their cost. It gets you into their store. So how do they benefit from this ? They're betting that when you are there, in store, you'll see and buy at least two other things to go into your PC build. You might pick up a heatsink for your new I7. Some ram and maybe even a case to put this all in. Then there's that 16 GB flash drive you need. Maybe an SSD or two. etc etc. It's what nearly every big box retailer does on Black Friday and also Cyber Monday online sales. So when you planned on getting out of their store having only spent about $285 for the I7 you could actually leave the store with a $500 + receipt in your hands.

Looks like Newegg on Ebay is selling this CPU for $274.99 today only. They'll disappear fast
so buy one quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back