Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're getting this issue on one of our shiloh machines where the mouse will lag if there is some processor-intensive stuff going on in the background. Switching between either Web Drivers or Stock Nvidia drivers does not seem to fix the issue...

Any ideas?

OMG!!!

I installed the SSDT sets with HDMI and the system boots every single time without issue. WOW! Thank you so much. I was at my wits end.
I really appreciate this!

With the 3x cards I'm able to get almost 90 FPS in resolve 69 with noise filtering on BMCC 1080p clips!!!

:thumbup:
You're very welcome. Does hdmi audio work on all cards?

Hey Shilohh "ChrisBialek" here, I reformatted and reinstalled everything last night and installed Yosemite I'm only running into two issues hopefully you can help me with.

First is my WiFi adapter no longer works is there a DSDT or a Kext that enables the Wifi adapter, I know in Mavericks I had it working (I haven't installed the Bluetooth adapter yet) does that have something to do with enabling the WiFi also?

Secondly, my audio (Green Ports) work fine, but my Microphone (Pink Ports) both front and rear do not work is there some way of getting those to work that you know of it seems that the microphone is providing feedback and noise but it's not registering that feedback/noise within the OS (In the sound panel or in applications).

As always THANK YOU so much.
I've heard that the 10.10 Broadcom wifi kext is very buggy so you could try rolling back to an older Mav version until apple sorts it out. Allot of real macs are having issues with wifi in Yos.
Try rolling back to an older Mav audio kext and see if that helps.

@herrlee,
is the a new EFI update for the 2013 Mac Pro? If there is, find out the boot rom version and I'll update the config.plist when I get home
I've checked here, and it seems to be the latest.
The imac14,2 model doesn't have this problem.

I've checked here, and it seems to be the latest.
The imac14,2 model doesn't have this problem.
I woudnt use that system ID if your hardware matches this build but if you are actually using a 4770k as your profile says, you could try that.

Also, what on earth are you using anything to do with bootcamp on a hack for???

I managed to get it work with a few modifications of SMBIOS:
added BoardSerialNumber and changed FirmwareFeature value.

Can I use 4930K with any other Rampage Asus motherboard (or any other Asus mobo for that mater) instead of IV Extreme ? I dont like it has a fan on it. Id also need some other, preferably passive GPU for 2560x1440 27" Dell monitor. I do music and dont need super highend GPU

Tnx

Hi Shilohh !
I will replace my 770 on slot 3 by a 780ti (EVGA) can you send me or tell where i can find the SSDT ?
I see i must install the nvidia web drivers to use this card, but i'm running OS X 10.9.4 and I only found the driver for 10.9.5 on the Nvidia website.
What's the safer way to update my system ? I backup all the system with CCC but i don't know if i must reinstall clover on the backup drive ?

Thanks !

Hello shilohh you are doing a great job for the community, I really new to the hackintosh world and to the building PC to so excuse me if my questions might be really stupid, although i read a lot about it this world is full of contrary information and details. I want to make a your exactly your build i will be using it for editing video (premier and Fianl cut) and Motion graphics (after effects ad i want to learn a bit of Cinema 4d to). I read your whole thead and you seam very helpful also you seem to now what your taking about, but ia have lots of question and doubts. Fist I see that I can only instal Yosemite because i can't find in the app store any other OS. Is this built really solid with Yosemite? Will i be able to use your instructions really easy Yosemite? Second i want to install windows in a separate SDD, but the case you have, and I really like it so I dont want to change it, says there can only be 1 SDD is that right? If so want other case would you recommend? In the 8d step in your tutorial it says to download Chameleon Wizard but the link dosen't work were can i get the Chameleon Wizard? Third is this does Cuda work with Yosemite? and finaly what is the best mother board? Rampage IV Black Edition ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79? and what is the best to install Yosemite? using your tutorial of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back