Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldnt be using the web driver with gtx 770, just make sure that the config.plist in your bootdrive clover doeesnt have the boot argument "nvda_drv=1". your card should work natively. without the bootflag or the webdriver.
Actually you should use the web driver with the 770. It has improved power management and almost completely solves the OpenCL clock bug (still clocks up after wake from sleep).

Shilooh,

Hey, I am facing a weird problem. Booting windows and testing prime95 is fine fine. Hackintosh crashes. I realized it was something with powermangment because hackintosh+prime 95 works fine with default settings *no overclock*.
Any idea?

Edit: its been running fine for like a month, it only started crashing recently.

Anyone have any idea why my clover wont autoboot despite Timeout being 0 in config.plist?

Hi shilohh !
So, i just receive my built, and put all the components together.
When I want to start the system, after the "republic of gamers" logo i have a black screen with "i-ROG2 is updating" 1%...I must wait for 2 hours to reach 100% and the system reboot itself and the same update begin again...
During the startup push F2 or Delete don't launch the bios (the keyboard is OK, i tried it on my imac).
I try to update the Bios but it doesn't change anything...
Do you have an idea ?
Thx

First lets see if it's graphics related. Try to boot with the boot arg nv_disable=1
View attachment 102751
It boots ok with nv_disable=1 but in System Information it shows Graphics: NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB.
In Extensions NVDAResmanWeb says Loaded: Yes
Where do I go from here?

Edit: Ok, I found out that it boots ok when I change MacPro6,1 to 5,1 in SMBIOS section in Clover. Why is that?

Edit: If I have MacPro6,1 SMBIOS it won't start with Nvidia Web driver. It'll only start if I go to Clover options at boot and in SMBIOS change MacPro6,1 to 5,1 in Product name.
Without the Nvidia Web driver I can boot with MacPro6,1 but than my graphic card appears as NVIDIA Chip Model 7MB graphics.
I'm clueless.

Last edited:
Hi, it's me again!
With the same issue... rebooting
the thing is: before this happened like towards the end of the install ... but now, as soon as I get to chose language (first step to create account) it reboots. I run a verify and fix permissions and then I can keep going but when I finish to install Clover, right after the EFI mounts ... again reboots
I did reset the CMOS (button on the left and taking out the battery) ... but looks some settings (and errors) remain ... like my sound driver for my audio mixer. I installed (a dmg) it way back in the beginning ... and after cleaning, erasing, partitioning drives ... still have the audio working perfectly !!!
Is there any way to format the CMOS ? Looks the MoBo is keeping settings and errors from previous installs that don't go away.
Thank you, and sorry for being so annoying ...
Thank you.

Hi, it's me again!
With the same issue... rebooting
the thing is: before this happened like towards the end of the install ... but now, as soon as I get to chose language (first step to create account) it reboots. I run a verify and fix permissions and then I can keep going but when I finish to install Clover, right after the EFI mounts ... again reboots
I did reset the CMOS (button on the left and taking out the battery) ... but looks some settings (and errors) remain ... like my sound driver for my audio mixer. I installed (a dmg) it way back in the beginning ... and after cleaning, erasing, partitioning drives ... still have the audio working perfectly !!!
Is there any way to format the CMOS ? Looks the MoBo is keeping settings and errors from previous installs that don't go away.
Thank you, and sorry for being so annoying ...
Thank you.

Sounds like either the mobo is bad or being underpowered or overheated :/

Anyone have any idea why my clover wont autoboot despite Timeout being 0 in config.plist?
If you changed the name of your boot drive from Mac OS to something else, you'll need to change it in the config.plist too.

Hi shilohh !
So, i just receive my built, and put all the components together.
When I want to start the system, after the "republic of gamers" logo i have a black screen with "i-ROG2 is updating" 1%...I must wait for 2 hours to reach 100% and the system reboot itself and the same update begin again...
During the startup push F2 or Delete don't launch the bios (the keyboard is OK, i tried it on my imac).
I try to update the Bios but it doesn't change anything...
Do you have an idea ?
Thx
I'd guess that you have a corrupt bios. You can try using USB flashback to flash a new bios on to the chip or try switching to the 2nd bios. If the problem is present on the 2nd bios too, you may need to RMA the motherboard.

It boots ok with nv_disable=1 but in System Information it shows Graphics: NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB.
In Extensions NVDAResmanWeb says Loaded: Yes
Where do I go from here?

Edit: Ok, I found out that it boots ok when I change MacPro6,1 to 5,1 in SMBIOS section in Clover. Why is that?

Edit: If I have MacPro6,1 SMBIOS it won't start with Nvidia Web driver. It'll only start if I go to Clover options at boot and in SMBIOS change MacPro6,1 to 5,1 in Product name.
Without the Nvidia Web driver I can boot with MacPro6,1 but than my graphic card appears as NVIDIA Chip Model 7MB graphics.
I'm clueless.
Please try booting 6,1 and turn on inject nvidia in the clover GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back