Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I am using a Dual Overclocked GTX 770 (the one you linked), and you recommend turning CSM off. Will I run into issues now if I switch it back on to enable PCI-E boot?

Just tried switching Boot From PCI-E expansion to both UEFI and Legacy and the drive still isn't showing up in Clover.

Also, do I need to upgrade my BIOS version (R4E Black) from 0602 x64, or am I ok?

@cwith,
Try Boot Device Control = UEFI and Legacy OPROM or Legacy OPROM only.

I don't know about the BIOS version because I don't have a R4BE to play with.

@cwith,
Try Boot Device Control = UEFI and Legacy OPROM or Legacy OPROM only.

I don't know about the BIOS version because I don't have a R4BE to play with.

edit: CSM must be set to AUTO to read PCI-E SSDs

1.416v vcore is very high! Especially for stock speed. I have a stable 24/7 OC of 4.4ghz at 1.28v. The temps that you need to watch are when the CPU is under max load for a while like when running prime95 torture test for 10 min or longer. With my CPU cooler, I try not to exceed1.3v vcore.

Hi Shilohh,

I figured out this auto-rebooting happens only when I move files ... either to the desktop, to any folder, to an external or internal HD ... the file get in place, but after one second ... it gets frozen and then reboots!!! ... or when I try to empty the trash ... it gets empty, but after two seconds ... also gets frozen and reboots.

:banghead::beachball::banghead::beachball::banghead:

I don't think is a matter of voltage (right?) ... I was installing some software and applications ... and everything goes smoothly until I eject the installers from the desktop, it get frozen and .... boom, rebooting !!! I opened some jpg and videos with Preview and no rebooting.

I'm not giving up ... gotta make this works no matter what ... but if I just knew what tweak is the one that I need.

I left the CPU with stock speed and voltage. I'll OC once the moving file issue is resolved.

Thank you for all your insights.

Last edited:
Ok so I got it to detect the SSD finally by switching Launch CSM to AUTO...

However now I get this when I boot without caches:

--- fixed this by just booting regularly from clover.

@All Black Edition and X79-Deluxe Users,
The R4BE uses the 1150 audio kext while the R4E uses the 898 kext. To get working onboard audio you must install the 1150 kext but multibeast has added some idiot proof functions that for our purposes, make it hard to install just the audio kext we need (because we use clover instead of chameleon/chimera). I Updated step 9 with a workaround to install from MultiBeast.

And what about those who are running 10.9.4 on R4E? Whats the process to get onboard audio working?

I've tried using the 898 kext using multibeast AND tried using kextbeast with the current AppleHDA.kext. And no luck? Maybe I'm using the wrong kext?

Thanks!!

And what about those who are running 10.9.4 on R4E? Whats the process to get onboard audio working?

I've tried using the 898 kext using multibeast AND tried using kextbeast with the current AppleHDA.kext. And no luck? Maybe I'm using the wrong kext?

Thanks!!

... ugh, go to his DSDT guide, use the same DSDT patch he uses and his kext. it should work.

... ugh, go to his DSDT guide, use the same DSDT patch he uses and his kext. it should work.

Thank you. I did that the other day using kextbeast, but this time around I used multibeast and it solved the issue. Thank you for being kind and helping. I appreciate it.

@cwith,
Please update your profile to show your current hardware.
Plug in your installer. Boot holding F8. Choose the USB installer. When you reach the GUI, choose the PCIe ssd. Once booted, install clover (to the pci ssd), kexts and the web driver.

@photomathon,
Your reset issue could be caused by a bad power supply, mobo, cpu, stick of ram or bad OC settings. There are so many things that can cause this that I can't really point you in the right direction. My first step in the process of elimination would be to reproduce the symptom in windows. If the reset persists, I'd do a cmos reset and load safe defaults bios profile and try to reproduce. Then I'd try a different power supply. Then I'd RMA the motherboard.

@photomathon,
Your reset issue could be caused by a bad power supply, mobo, cpu, stick of ram or bad OC settings. There are so many things that can cause this that I can't really point you in the right direction. My first step in the process of elimination would be to reproduce the symptom in windows. If the reset persists, I'd do a cmos reset and load safe defaults bios profile and try to reproduce. Then I'd try a different power supply. Then I'd RMA the motherboard.

Thank you very much Shilohh !!!
I appreciate the road-map you just gave me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back