Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to thank you, I have got a very similar configuration, but I have GTX 960 instead of your RX, I removed the RX aml and the AMD booster kext both from folders and plist.
The installer boot correctly but after some time on the recovery page (no matter if I choose TimeMachine, Install, Safari or Disk Utility) it freeze and goes with kernel panic.
Could you please help me?
Thank you again,
E
Hi, I just wanted to say I solved the problem, for everyone dealing with that problem it is common on OpenCore troubleshooting.
All I needed was just to enable DummyPowerManagement under Kernel/Emulate in config.plist.

Hey guys

I am coming back to update my build (copy of Shilohh's here with R4E, 4930k and GTX 770)
I'm pretty rusty as it was long ago and i just followed Shilohh's Clover guide.

I was going to do OpenCore and Big Sur. But, reading the guide, it seems a bit out of my depth. Can you share any tips for doing that with this build? If I just copy d_prihantoro's EFI, will it work?

I’m making my USB Installer on my Macintosh. So it will take out internal SSD and install new one for the install. So I want to make sure I have approached the USB installer properly before swapping the SSDs!

Thank you for any help, and apologies for nooby question.

Hey guys

I am coming back to update my build (copy of Shilohh's here with R4E, 4930k and GTX 770)
I'm pretty rusty as it was long ago and i just followed Shilohh's Clover guide.

I was going to do OpenCore and Big Sur. But, reading the guide, it seems a bit out of my depth. Can you share any tips for doing that with this build? If I just copy d_prihantoro's EFI, will it work?

I’m making my USB Installer on my Macintosh. So it will take out internal SSD and install new one for the install. So I want to make sure I have approached the USB installer properly before swapping the SSDs!

Thank you for any help, and apologies for nooby question.
Hi,
Actually, I no longer use OpenCore.
I found that Clover is able to to boot and install Big Sur as well or even better (in my opinion) than OpenCore.
I am now using Clover Release v5.1 r5129.
Works like a charm.

Thankyou! Will give it a shot!

Hi,
Actually, I no longer use OpenCore.
I found that Clover is able to to boot and install Big Sur as well or even better (in my opinion) than OpenCore.
I am now using Clover Release v5.1 r5129.
Works like a charm.
Hi,
Did you make a clean install or did you switch from OC to Clover?
Could you please explain the steps?
Did you manage to let USB 3 work?
And last but not least: with OC I've been able to update to 11.2.1 without problems, does Clover support the last update?
Sorry for so many questions :D
Thank you in advance
RN

Hi,
Did you make a clean install or did you switch from OC to Clover?
Could you please explain the steps?
Did you manage to let USB 3 work?
And last but not least: with OC I've been able to update to 11.2.1 without problems, does Clover support the last update?
Sorry for so many questions :D
Thank you in advance
RN
Hi,
I installed 11.2 using OC, then I switched to Clover.
Few days later, when 11.2.1 was released, I updated to 11.2.1 with Clover bootloader successfully.
Unfortunately, I have never been able to make USB 3 to work for a while.
Fortunately, I managed to get my WiFi to work.

Edit: One thing I should point out though, on Clover Boot Screen, always select 'Preboot' partition to boot.

Last edited:
Hi,
I installed 11.2 using OC, then I switched to Clover.
Few days later, when 11.2.1 was released, I updated to 11.2.1 with Clover bootloader successfully.
Unfortunately, I have never been able to make USB 3 to work for a while.
Fortunately, I managed to get my WiFi to work.

Edit: One thing I should point out though, on Clover Boot Screen, always select 'Preboot' partition to boot.
Thank you for replying. I think I will stay on OpenCore for now. I will try to manage USB 3 from here. :)
The strange thing is Geekbench doesn't give me the score I was thinking. It tells me RAM speed is 800 MHz while I'm at 1600.

I'm having slow scores on Geekbench.
I'm on BigSur with OpenCore and I read it could be due to BIOS settings, wich are the best for RIVE?

What type of drive? I get this error occasionally if I have not secure erased an SSD/NVMe. After doing so, I can still get the error, at which point I simply reformat using disk utility (either Apple journaled or APFS). You might try APFS and see how it goes...

Here's mine.

Why don't you just move on to Big Sur instead?
I am now using R4BE with Intel E5-2640 v2 and NVidia GTX Titan Black, but I guess it's not much different from your system.
Other than USB3, everything works well.
It is Clover 5122.

I also attach my EFI for Big Sur in case you are interested to try.
It's Opencore 0.64 (I guess).
Thanks to @altixx. I modified his/her shared Opencore EFI to match my system.
However, I still cannot manage to get my USB3, Wifi and Bluetooth to work.

Let me know how it goes.

Edit: I forgot to thank @altixx for his/her shared EFI. Thanks @altixx
Hey there.

First of all, thank you for you work and help.

Your folder works great under BigSur 11.4 and using OpenCore 11.4.

I did manage to get Wifi working with AirportBcrmFixUp, if you're interested.

I have the USB 3.0 ports partially working (the ports that are linked to the USB 3.0 header on the board and not the ones at the I/O panel at the back, those do not work).

However, I have been wondering the following:

I have been trying to update to the latest OpenCore (0.7.0), but anything over the version you have (0.6.4) just produces a black screen and an unresponsive system (it shuts down the second I hit the power button).
It produces a 240Kb log file, which I cannot open at all.

I am unable to boot this way.

Is there any way we can update to the latest version of OpenCore?
(I have already updated all the kexts).

EDIT:
Forgot to mention my system, but it is in my signature.

Regardless, here's what I'm working with:
Rampage IV Black Edition (0801 Modded BIOS)
i7-3930k
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3Gb (patched for native MacOS support)
8Gb RAM
480Gb SSD + 4Tb HDD + 2Tb HDD

EDIT 2:
I am attaching my DSDT in both aml and dsl format, if anyone is willing to help.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    40.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSDT.dsl
    367.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back