Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ose mode with ACPI patch for x79 ( thanks to xerox 24 for your efi folder and help ).
hi,
thanks to xerox24 for your help and your efi folder of your system, big sur + oc 0.64 SUCCESS on R4E, I7-3930k, RX580 and all work. For boot the installation of big sur is necessary use the kernel patch ( ACPI section of OC config.plist) that work only on OpenCore 0.6.0+ and NOT on Clover for moment:

Name: UNC0 _HID to XHID
Find: 554E43 30085F48 4944
Replace: 554E43 30085848 4944

My EFI folder with Opencore 0.6.4 - 3 dec 2020 ( the .plist is in verbose mode with ACPI patch for x79 ( thanks to xerox 24 for your efi folder and help ).
I'm glad to hear that, the weird thing is that I added SSDT-UNC.aml in acpi, it shouldn't be necessary to rename, but it's good to know.

Sono contento di sentirlo, la cosa strana è che ho aggiunto SSDT-UNC.aml in acpi, non dovrebbe essere necessario rinominare, ma è buono a sapersi.
The SSDT-UNC.aml is for X99 for X79 its necessary to patch ACPI section with patch created by @

byzyn4ik

Xerox24 thanks for your help it is important that you shared your efi and it made me happy as well as all of us. thanks very much. I suggest you update OC to 0.6.4 for more compatibility

Hello everyone!
Having a hard time getting into Catalina. The install worked fine but now the system won't boot into it. It stops during the booting process. I was on High Sierra for years, stuck with an Nvidia card but I've now switched to a Vega 64 and want to move on to Catalina.

Anyone could share their EFI folder for Catalina for a Rampage IV Black Edition and i7-4930?

Thanks!

Hello everyone!
Having a hard time getting into Catalina. The install worked fine but now the system won't boot into it. It stops during the booting process. I was on High Sierra for years, stuck with an Nvidia card but I've now switched to a Vega 64 and want to move on to Catalina.

Anyone could share their EFI folder for Catalina for a Rampage IV Black Edition and i7-4930?

Thanks!
Here's mine.

Why don't you just move on to Big Sur instead?
I am now using R4BE with Intel E5-2640 v2 and NVidia GTX Titan Black, but I guess it's not much different from your system.
Other than USB3, everything works well.
It is Clover 5122.

I also attach my EFI for Big Sur in case you are interested to try.
It's Opencore 0.64 (I guess).
Thanks to @altixx. I modified his/her shared Opencore EFI to match my system.
However, I still cannot manage to get my USB3, Wifi and Bluetooth to work.

Let me know how it goes.

Edit: I forgot to thank @altixx for his/her shared EFI. Thanks @altixx

Attachments

• EFI Clover 5122 - Catalina.zip
    19 MB · Views: 154
  • EFI Opencore 0.64 - Big Sur.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Here's mine.

I am now using R4BE with Intel E5-2640 v2 and NVidia GTX Titan Black, but I guess it's not much different from your system.
It is Clover 5122.

Let me know how it goes.

Awesome, thanks Prohantoro!
I'll give it a try and will let you know.

Here's mine.

It is Clover 5122.

Let me know how it goes.

Hum... no luck so far. Noob at Catalina and APFS partitions.
From High Sierra I get 2 Catalina drives mounting, Catalina, and Catalina - data.
On which drive/EFI partition do I install Clover and drivers, kexts and all?

IMG_3055.JPG

Hum... no luck so far. Noob at Catalina and APFS partitions.
From High Sierra I get 2 Catalina drives mounting, Catalina, and Catalina - data.
On which drive/EFI partition do I install Clover and drivers, kexts and all?

View attachment 500321
Hi,
I suggest you go directly to Big Sur and OpenCore. with the EFI of d_prihantoro you should have no problem installing Big Sur.

Thanks for your help! I was able to get the latest Catalina working fine. Except for one thing:
One of my 2 displays stays black after display sleep, never comes back so I have to reboot.
Can't find any solutions for it...

Hello people,

I recently started learning some python and decided to create something that I would have use for. So I came up with a little script that will gather all the latest files needed for this build. ACPI, kexts and bootloaders. This guide is a little outdated as of now, as support for NVIDIA cards is more or less gone.

Feel free to use the script whenever you need to update or rebuild your system.
However, I still recommend using this guide as reference if you're not really certain where to install all the files.

https://github.com/fbongcam/shilohh_hackintosh

Let me know if you think something is missing!

hi,
thanks to xerox24 for your help and your efi folder of your system, big sur + oc 0.64 SUCCESS on R4E, I7-3930k, RX580 and all work. For boot the installation of big sur is necessary use the kernel patch ( ACPI section of OC config.plist) that work only on OpenCore 0.6.0+ and NOT on Clover for moment:

Name: UNC0 _HID to XHID
Find: 554E43 30085F48 4944
Replace: 554E43 30085848 4944

My EFI folder with Opencore 0.6.4 - 3 dec 2020 ( the .plist is in verbose mode with ACPI patch for x79 ( thanks to xerox 24 for your efi folder and help ).

I don't know how to thank you, I have got a very similar configuration, but I have GTX 960 instead of your RX, I removed the RX aml and the AMD booster kext both from folders and plist.
The installer boot correctly but after some time on the recovery page (no matter if I choose TimeMachine, Install, Safari or Disk Utility) it freeze and goes with kernel panic.
Could you please help me?
Thank you again,
E

Attachments

• panic-2021-01-30-223857.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back