Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question, I did a trial upgrade to 10.14.6 which went fairly well but noticed these messages fly by at boot:
Unsupported CPU
Unsupported CPU
Unsupported PCH

The boot continues to the desktop without any noticeable stall but the messages are new in the log compared to 10.12.6. I'm using the same SSDT:s as always (Shilohh's SSDT-0, SSDT-1, SSDT-8 and my own Piker Alpha PM SSDT-9 that's been fine since 10.10.x).

Anyone else using this build seeing the same?

The same, but works perfect.

I'm successfully using OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi here on 10.14.6.
The same, but works perfect.
Appreciate it. I decided to go for it.

During the upgrade I swapped my 1070 Ti for the "side grade" Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Nitro+.
No issues with my two monitors, and I finally have H/W acceleration from the Vega for H.264-content, no luck with HEVC though; I had neither with the 1070 Ti.

AppleALC with alcid=1 is handling the audio interface like a champ.

So far I don't like APFS, the "container" concept comes with certain quirks; I preferred the simplicity of HFS+ when it came to drive management.

The only regression I've noticed is that VMWare Fusion broke. It can't open the existing virtual machine linked to the Boot Camp partition (error message: Resource deadlock avoided), nor recreate it from scratch (error message: Could not create the virtual disk for your Boot Camp virtual machine). I speculate that it's some form of sandbox issue but am not sure; I have SIP completely disabled.

Anybody having USB working on that board and Mojave? I have all USB controller working, but most of them not visible in Hackintool/System Information, and I'm not able to discover the ports for creating a custom SSDT. In IORegistry I can see the controller but not one port available.

Hello, everyone
I just upgraded to 10.15. After the sleep, I can wake up the mouse and enter the startup state. The BIOS self-test sounds, enters the Clover boot, just enters the boot system state, it restarts automatically, and then it is the BIOS self-test sound. The second time can boot into the system normally, but it is definitely a wake-up recovery failure.

Previously in the 10.14 version, I could wake up normally because I used the following settings:
For anyone who wants to enable hibernation on High Sierra / Mojave must do the following steps:
Open terminal and paste the following command "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25"
Update clover to latest version and enable the
HibernationFix
And
RtcHibernateAware
On Clover Configurator->Boot
Disable any NVRAM emulation such
Emuvariableuefi-64.efi
From Clover Configurator->Install Drivers
Reboot your hack and you are ready.
This is a temporary fix, still searching for a real fix.
P.S. Hibernation works because the content of your RAM is dumped on your HDD/SSD and when system wakes the dumped content restored to your RAM. As you can imagine this read/write process can limit your SSD life so be aware.
APFS FIX:
Enable StrictHibernate on Clover Configurator->Boot
Create Boot0082 key in NVRAM with value your APFS volume UUID
Open terminal
Run command "diskutil apfs list" and copy your High Sierra Volume uuid
Run command "sudo NVRAM Boot0082=paste here your uuid"
Reboot your hack.
(uuid looks like XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX)

But it will not work until 10.15...
How can I set up now...

Hi Guys, sorry for disturbing but I've tried to look for a solution and failed. Total noob in here. I was following shilohh's guide and install High Sierra. And I had no luck so far. I was able to format the drive, install High Sierra however after reboot I experienced some problems with continuing the installation. I was able to force it once but after that when the machine rebooted Clover didn't show me the option to boot from the SSD, only to install the OS. Once again I did a fresh install but after the reboot I was presented with a screen telling me that MacOS can't be installed.

Some help, anyone? Pretty please :)
Me, too...
I cannot update to Mojave or Catalina because I need to support Nvidia cards. I had GTX 780 for display and 2x GTX 980 Ti for computing. Actually, I use a 3d engine that use only CUDA (octane render), and I do not want to change or come back to Windows. In the mean time, anyone could help us to update to High Sierra?
I tried many timeS to do the install, but I ever failed after reboot. I miss something or some guide. Anyone can point us in the right direction to read solutions :-D
Kind regards.

Last edited:
Mojave Update

Update:

FakeSMC_ACPISensors and FakeSMC_SMMSensors seem to cause inconsistent kernel panics on boot after computer has been shutdown. Removing them seem to have fixed the issue.

Scratch the above, it worked for a few tries but then I got kernel panic on boot again. Mac Os kernel systemlogs hinted to the FakeSMCs plugins as some of the last loaded kexts before panic occurred.

I'm not sure why this occurs, I have tried to narrow it down to a specific kext by removing each one by one but it hasn't resolved the issue.

I will try the different versions of the aptiomemory fixes next.

Update 2:

Switching AptioMemoryFix-64.efi to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi has fixed my kernel panics issue.
Hi :-D
Thanks for your guide. I followed it, and it work fine. I installed Clover last update and ... sometimes not start Clover, directly start macOS, sometimes appear Clover interface. In both situations, when I choose, I had hardware error from startup. But, if I press enter, all follow as standard and later all work fine.
macOS start with window that told me that computer was restarted due an hardware problem, but... nothing.
Other SSD with Sierra not give me problem.
I follow your guide. I tried with both aptio and OsxAptio fix but same result.
Some suggestions?

Hi :-D
Thanks for your guide. I followed it, and it work fine. I installed Clover last update and ... sometimes not start Clover, directly start macOS, sometimes appear Clover interface. In both situations, when I choose, I had hardware error from startup. But, if I press enter, all follow as standard and later all work fine.
macOS start with window that told me that computer was restarted due an hardware problem, but... nothing.
Other SSD with Sierra not give me problem.
I follow your guide. I tried with both aptio and OsxAptio fix but same result.
Some suggestions?
Incase you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed, try remove it.

I've been trying to follow the Mojave guide (used the orig. guide to build my rig and it works just fine), but my USB drive will not show up in Clover! Clover loads, but there are no disks to choose to boot from. Worked once, but the installer said it was damaged and no subsequent attempts have worked. I've remade the USB 3 times from scratch (and 2 more times just by overwriting the install from terminal) and used 2 different USB drives, all with no luck.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back