Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have rampage iv formula and the p9x79, I need clover patch, ssdt and fix the dsdt for other factors like the usb.

Asus usually has msr loqued.

I have the option in BIOS to lock or unlock I think the option is called CFG lock/unlock. So I don’t have to worry about it.

Hey is anyone willing to try this setting in the BIOS to see if you can get wake to work after sleep? Its way back in 2014 I posted a fix for this but not sure if it will work in later versions of macOS or your motherboard version/bios. I put this heavy beast of a PC case away for a week or so and cannot get to it until this weekend. If anyone is willing to try there is a chance this may fix the wake to black screen, it fixed mine back then. Under AI Tweaker change Auto to Disable for CPU PLL Termination. By the way it was not by luck or trial and error, I somehow back then after some exhaustive google searching found this fix by someone else who posted it, not sure what site or who back then, but it worked.

Edited this post just now:

I remember now I found the fix from this thread complaints of resume from sleep not working in windows I am pretty sure this will fix the problem.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I changed from GTX770 graphics card to RX580 devil graphics card, this black screen phenomenon! Please help me!

Are you still using the same SSDT from your nvidia card?
Thank you for seeing my request!
Yes, I used the 280X graphics card to replace the GTX770 directly, so I can't use the RX580 directly. I don't know where to set it up? Or need to regenerate the DSDT? But I haven't operated this part yet.. ....

Yes, I used the 280X graphics card to replace the GTX770 directly, so I can't use the RX580 directly. I don't know where to set it up? Or need to regenerate the DSDT? But I haven't operated this part yet.. ....
Change back to your nvidia 770 to boot and remove the corresponding SSDT. Install Lilu and whatevergreen.
You can also try to connect ur amd gpu to another pci.

As mentioned, Lilu and WhateverGreen will be the best solution at this point but you'll need to remove the SSDT you were using (if you followed this guide) for the Nvidia card. This guide has been DSDT free for a long time. There is a SSDT for the motherboard components and one for the CPU that you'll want to keep. Read back through the guide and see the text files in the downloadable files to see what is what.

Change back to your nvidia 770 to boot and remove the corresponding SSDT. Install Lilu and whatevergreen.
You can also try to connect ur amd gpu to another pci.
thank you! Has been successful!

But the frequency conversion seems to be invalid!

As mentioned, Lilu and WhateverGreen will be the best solution at this point but you'll need to remove the SSDT you were using (if you followed this guide) for the Nvidia card. This guide has been DSDT free for a long time. There is a SSDT for the motherboard components and one for the CPU that you'll want to keep. Read back through the guide and see the text files in the downloadable files to see what is what.
Thank you!
I will do it as you said.

Hi Guys, sorry for disturbing but I've tried to look for a solution and failed. Total noob in here. I was following shilohh's guide and install High Sierra. And I had no luck so far. I was able to format the drive, install High Sierra however after reboot I experienced some problems with continuing the installation. I was able to force it once but after that when the machine rebooted Clover didn't show me the option to boot from the SSD, only to install the OS. Once again I did a fresh install but after the reboot I was presented with a screen telling me that MacOS can't be installed.

Some help, anyone? Pretty please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back