Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep/Wake apart... it's still a great hackintosh!
Score with the new Geekbench 4.2.3

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 19.21.08.png Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 19.30.11.png Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 19.12.27.png Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 19.33.31.png

Last edited:
hello, how did you install the U3S6 card under macos 10.13? I can not find the right KEXT. thank you very much

Currently helping a friend rebuild his Rampage IV Extreme. I'm in 10.12.6 with most things working perfectly. However, even with the genericUSB kext from rehab man, I get no activity from the onboard USB 3 ports. A PCIe USB 3 card is working but I hoped they all could work. I fiddled around with enabling and disabling Asmedia USB3 from the bios but still no luck. I also dug around for hours searching forums for any fixes and they all came up not working. I fear the kext has been broken by Apple's updates. Has anyone else had luck with onboard USB 3 for the R4E in 10.12.6?

Everything working on my Asus Rampage IV Formula.
Intel i7-3820, GTX 970, 16Gb RAM and Areca 1882.
Sierra 10.12.6
Amazing Guide Shilohh. Thank you.

... Has anyone else had luck with onboard USB 3 for the R4E in 10.12.6?
You have to copy RehabMan GenericUSBXHCI.kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 on EFI partition. It needs to be in both folders.
But USB3 works only if you have your USB3 device connected prior boot. No hot swap.

Can anybody PLEASE confirm if Inateck kt 4006 works OOB ? (I need hot swap)
Thank you.

I can now confirm myself:
Inateck KT 4006 works OOB, full speed and hot swap.

Upgraded to 10.13.6 .. Same issue here. Sleep/Wake not working. Upon wake, get a black screen and the machine is hung. Have to hold power button and power cycle the entire box. Realize this has been a plaguing issue with this build and High Sierra, so if anybody has a solution or tips, please post.

Never bothered to use onboard Wifi or Bluetooth since I prefer using ethernet. Anyway, running 10.13.6 and can't seem to get Wifi and Bluetooth up and running. Board is R4BE with latest bios.

In /EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER, I put the following Kexts in:

1. FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
2. FakePCIID.kext
3. BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
4. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

Rebooted, then went into BIOS and enabled Wifi. System will restart then boot. Apple icon and load progress will show briefly, then the box goes into a reboot.

Questions:

1. Should I be putting these Kexts into /S/L/E ????
2. Wanted to get Wifi working first, so only enabled that in Bios. Should I be enabling BOTH Wifi and Bluetooth?

Notes: Downloaded and using the latest Kexts (listed above) from the GitHub repository.

Anybody have any suggestions on what I'm missing or doing wrong here?

TIA!

I had a fresh install question. I've seen a few posts about it on here, but I wasn't 100% clear on how to proceed.

My current hackintosh was built in Jan 2017, is 10.11.3 (El Capitan), and I've added the rest of the hardware components to my profile. So I want to completely overhaul my system and start again using this excellent guide. I'll be using a brand new SSD but the hardware hasn't changed.

Even though I've built two machines using this guide I still don't really understand it :mrgreen: Do I need to change/erase any BIOS settings or Kext things or DSDTs (I don't know what those are exactly, but I've installed them before)? or can I just install the new SSD and start again as if it's a completely new build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back